Stolen gun recovered after being stolen over 6 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen gun recovered after being stolen over 6 years ago

To make a long story short I had my truck broke into back in Dec. of 2015 at my house along with several other people in the neighborhood. Several break-ins where caught on camera but no one was ever arrested. I got a phone call last week from the Sheriff’s office asking me if I wanted my gun back. Obviously I said yes then I asked where it was recovered and he said Chicago Illinois. Crazy that it traveled from Diana TX to Illinois but I guess since you can’t purchase Guns in Chicago it makes sense. The gun is in excellent condition but does need to be cleaned up.
    Last edited by kp143631; 09-21-2022, 07:09 PM.

Man that is awesome.

Comment

Wow! I didn’t know pistols could grow legs! Jk

Comment

Good that you got it back!

Comment

They must be mistaken, guns are illegal in Chicago... [emoji6]

Congrats on getting it returned to you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you got it back.

Comment

Hopefully it's still in good shape!

Comment

I’m still waiting on a gun to be returned. ATF found it in a raid . 4 of the 5 people arrested pled out . Still waiting on the last one . I bet it’s been 3 years so far .

Comment

Sure wish I would get my 300 RUM back after my truck was broke into. That was 4 years ago

Comment

This gives me hope! Had a shotgun stolen out of my truck 8 years ago. Was headed to the gunsmith to have some work done on it and had to stop in Lowe's for 5 min. That's all it took. Came out and door lock was popped, gun and my tool bag were gone. I still haven't heard a word about recovery.
                    OP, I'm glad you got yours back!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fantastic luck! I have had 3 Glocks stolen over the years. Never got one back.

Comment

Wow. Amazing you got it back

Comment

My brother's apt got broke into in Pine Bluff, AR. Back in the early 90's. Stole several guns. They recovered an 870 a few weeks later after a robbery. They had the barrel and stock sawed off. Seven years later his Remington BDL 30.06 was pawned at a pawn shop 70 miles away. He got it back and it had a better scope on it than it had when it was stolen. He sold me the one he'd bought to replace it when it was stolen.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got one back after about 10 years.

Comment

I recovered a browning shotgun around 2005 after a pursuit that had been stolen in Colorado in 1993. It was a Belgium auto that had been chopped off at both ends

My dad got a 30.30 back in the 90s that was stolen in the 70s during a burglary. It got stolen plain Marlin lever. Came back with a 3x9 on it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X