No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a doe cruise on by me this evening. She thought about stopping, but for whatever reason just kept on going. Also had a bob cat walk within 5 ft of my blind which was pretty cool to watch.

Comment

Headed out in the morning

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowtech02 View Post
        Headed out in the morning

Goodluck Hope you stick one

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          Goodluck Hope you stick one
          You and me both brother. I'm ready that's for sure

Comment

You and me both brother. I'm ready that's for sure

We all ready!! Lol headed out all weekend. Good luck everyoe

Comment

This wind is going to make it tough. Judging by the game cam, they haven't moved all night though, so maybe there is hope!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Two mornings in a row had a great buck in range, but the hoes won’t come out to play first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

*does I meant does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't seen a single deer yet. And I've seen one doe period in 5 sits.

Comment

I haven't seen a single deer yet. And I've seen one doe period in 5 sits.

Hopefully once it starts getting cooler they start moving more for you. What all are you putting out? Just corn?

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                        Hopefully once it starts getting cooler they start moving more for you. What all are you putting out? Just corn?

Yes sir. I have them coming in and pigs but nothing during the day light. I got to get my camera back up and going

Comment

I wonder if your aloud to hunt the pigs at night in your blind. Went out today and nada!! South wind kinda jacked me up. Pulled my pics and found this...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes sir. I have them coming in and pigs but nothing during the day light. I got to get my camera back up and going

Get yourself a Record Rack Berry block from Tractor Supply. They hammer those things out at the lake. One of those lasts about 5 days at my spot. I think the smell it puts off helps with scent control. I could be wrong, but it helps me think they don't smell me because they smell the berry block. Either way they seem to love them. I am in a ground blind and I only open up one small opening facing the block to help with scent as well. I only hand corn. I am convinced the deer at the lake know spinning feeders mean danger after a few weeks in to the season. I literally have had deer walk from behind my blind at 3 yards and walk right in front of my open window that close and then straight to my berry block at 20 yards and they've only blown once so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                              Get yourself a Record Rack Berry block from Tractor Supply. They hammer those things out at the lake. One of those lasts about 5 days at my spot. I think the smell it puts off helps with scent control. I could be wrong, but it helps me think they don't smell me because they smell the berry block. Either way they seem to love them. I am in a ground blind and I only open up one small opening facing the block to help with scent as well. I only hand corn. I am convinced the deer at the lake know spinning feeders mean danger after a few weeks in to the season. I literally have had deer walk from behind my blind at 3 yards and walk right in front of my open window that close and then straight to my berry block at 20 yards and they've only blown once so far.

Side note, the deer are coming to my spot at all hours of the day. So I would say sit whenever you can regardless of the time of day. If your blind is overlooking an opening because you thought the visibility would be helpful. Chances are, the deer are walking parallel with that opening in the thick stuff, 20 to 30 yards in. There are so many people out at the lake, biking, hiking, frolicking, etc. that they know to move in the thicker parts to avoid people. Maybe move your stand 30 yards and I bet you see a lot more deer. You're probably missing them by 20 yards or so most sits. I have a tight window (5 yards wide) of visibility out to 30 yards and that's it.

Comment

Heading out boys and girls.

Comment

Working...
                                X