No announcement yet.

This Rain Though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Bisch but it isn't something we control. There is no rhyme or reason why. It's nature at it's most brutal. We have changed the natural run off and stream dynamics to suit our needs and wants. Sometimes nature decides that we aren't in control and shows us how futile our attempts are to control it.

Comment

Understood! But that does not change the fact that we are waterlogged, and don't need any more rain for quite a while!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        Here is a actual trail cam pic of mine.
        Whats that in the water? Looks like a mountain lion

Comment

Climbed in my lock on this morning. Trying to figure out why my skin was burning all of the sudden. Apparently hanging that stand on the creek bank is a bad idea because the ants ate me up. Guess I have a lot more lessons to learn here huntin in Texas. Always like learning something new but dang!!!!!!!!

Comment

Whiplash weather changes aren’t good for anybody. We went from devastating drought to devastating floods in 2 months time. You can’t survive without water, that’s for sure. But in some areas all this moisture is starting to do more harm than good.
            Extreme weather fluctuations...is this the new normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Too bad there isn't a system in place to pipe that water where it's needed.

Comment

I went to the lease on Monday afternoon. Had 1.1" in the gauge. Went to the blind about 4:30 and it was muddy but I wanted to see what was moving. It started misting then drizzle, then rain. I crawled out and pinballed my way back to camp. Both ponds are overflowing. They had dried up this summer. Pasture went from brown to green everywhere. Hopefully is dries up enough to get around by opening weekend of regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                  I went to the lease on Monday afternoon. Had 1.1" in the gauge. Went to the blind about 4:30 and it was muddy but I wanted to see what was moving. It started misting then drizzle, then rain. I crawled out and pinballed my way back to camp. Both ponds are overflowing. They had dried up this summer. Pasture went from brown to green everywhere. Hopefully is dries up enough to get around by opening weekend of regular season.
                  "Regular season"?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    "Regular season"?

Gary
                    Regular, general, same thing.

Comment

For me it's all archery season.
                      Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Regular, general, same thing.
                      Gary

Comment

U get another one yet?

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

All that I know for sure is that it is going to be tough hunting with all this green stuff growing. Then in January or February all this green stuff is going to be fuel. I don't need another wildfire. Once in a lifetime is enough.

Comment

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              For me it's all archery season.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                                I don't rifle hunt for deer. Does that clear it up for you?

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X