WTB - Looking for a Canon 1.4x III extender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB - Looking for a Canon 1.4x III extender

Like the title says, I am looking for a Canon extender for my trip to Yellowstone. Let me know if you have one you're looking to move. Thanks!

I don't have one, but don't overlook Kenko. I have one and it works well with my Canon gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
      I don't have one, but don't overlook Kenko. I have one and it works well with my Canon gear.
      Does it impair autofocus much?

Comment

Depends on the lens. On my 70-200 f2.8 it is no issue. On my 150-600 f5.6-6.3 it gets challenging.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to know. I would primarily be using it on a 100-400IS II, and maybe the 70-200 2.8. If it retains some level of autofocus and image quality on that 100-400 then it is a no brainer with the cost savings vs the Canon one.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
            Good to know. I would primarily be using it on a 100-400IS II, and maybe the 70-200 2.8. If it retains some level of autofocus and image quality on that 100-400 then it is a no brainer with the cost savings vs the Canon one.

Make sure it’s the new style on the 100-400IS II. You could always rent one from photo rental source in Houston. Should be about $25-30 for a 2 week rental on the 1.4X. I rented the 100-400 from them for my trip to Kenya, where I am now, and debated on whether or not I needed the extender.

So far the only time I wished for more zoom was to take pictures of the blood moon the other night, but the pictures are clear enough that I can crop them and still blow them up for large prints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my 1.4x, but you lose one stop... keep that in mind

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                I traded my Kenko 1.4 for the Canon 1.4ii
                I'm using it on a 70-200 2.8. I'm not overly impressed with the trade. The canon is not clear until I get to f/8. The kenko word great through out.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post

This (link) works to some extent on the 100-400 and is easy to try. Using a Canon 1.4 extender. It slows down the auto-focus to the point where you really can't determine when to take the shot. AF hunts around as well depending on light. Most results are soft at best. Manual focus results aren't great without the tape.
                  I haven't tried my Kenko 1.5 on the 100-400 but it works great on my Canon 70-300 lens.
                  Try using the "chat" feature with B&H for questions getting answered. I have a feeling their first reply will be "It won't work."
                  The article is accurate.
                  Last edited by Bluesman; 08-20-2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X