Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who uses a remote controlled deer feeder timer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who uses a remote controlled deer feeder timer.

Thinking about investing in a remote controlled deer feeder timer.

Anybody have one? Anybody got a recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

I’ve had a spin cast feeder with their remote control unit and it has worked well for over 15 years.

Comment

I highly recommend “The Remote”. Been using it on all my feeders with no issues for a long, long time now.

It’s one of my favorite tools. I use the heck out of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2574.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	24584944

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Remote

Comment

The Remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What the advantage? Is it just the obvious, give your feeder a bump when everything on the ground is gone? I’m curious if you also corn your roads before you hunt.

Comment

Its actually for my wife. We have a feeder off our back porch where we sit and watch the deer. When i wrote the post there were 13 deer at the feeder.

12 is normal, 22 max 2 weeks ago.

At that rate the corn is gone in no time and they go lay down a few yards away.

Thought it would be fun for her to be able to "Call them back in!"

Corn the road on occasion when hunting, just depends on how things are going.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                I highly recommend “The Remote”. Been using it on all my feeders with no issues for a long, long time now.

It’s one of my favorite tools. I use the heck out of it.

[ATTACH]964531[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                We have an off brand one that only gets about 30yd range. Does “The Remote” actually get anywhere near 175 yd range?

Comment

I have some I am testing from eBay. They are around 35 bucks for 2 units. I have had them hooked up for awhile now. My farthest feeder is 165 and the unit sets off perfectly. Like I said though. I am testing for longevity still.

Comment

Yes. We have Moultrie brand on all of bn our feeders. Trouble is sometimes the signal reaches several hundred yards to another feeder and sets it off as well.
                    No way I'm paying $100 for "The Remote" when the Moultrie works as well for less than a third of the price.

Gary
                    Last edited by DRT; 07-21-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2hunt View Post
                      I have some I am testing from eBay. They are around 35 bucks for 2 units. I have had them hooked up for awhile now. My farthest feeder is 165 and the unit sets off perfectly. Like I said though. I am testing for longevity still.
                      You remember the brand name?

Comment

Works on most 12 Volt DC devices such as auto lighting kits, computer accessories and other electronic applications, it is easy to wire with basic electrical wiring knowledge.

This is what I purchased

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                          We have an off brand one that only gets about 30yd range. Does “The Remote” actually get anywhere near 175 yd range?
                          I can’t personally vouch for the 175 mark. I’ve never tried it.
                          Only used mine up to 125.

I know they are a bit more expensive but the reliability and low to no battery drain on the feeder battery is a huge plus to me. I trust it every time.

I think there are a few more different remotes out there that work good...I don’t have any experience with those. I think I’m on year 9 or so with mine.

If I remember correct All Season makes one too that’s cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                            I can’t personally vouch for the 175 mark. I’ve never tried it.
                            Only used mine up to 125.

I know they are a bit more expensive but the reliability and low to no battery drain on the feeder battery is a huge plus to me. I trust it every time.

I think there are a few more different remotes out there that work good...I don’t have any experience with those. I think I’m on year 9 or so with mine.

If I remember correct All Season makes one too that’s cheaper.
                            For 9 years is pretty good. I really like having it, but the one we have is a cheap one from academy that doesn’t work well. Might have to look into these.

Comment

This All Season may be another option for some. Looks to be on sale as well.
                              It also has light option controls for pig hunting.

Scroll down to see info.

Comment

Working...
                              X