• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! The best gift ever!

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

One of the coolest things I've seen on here! I would pay admission to see that thing in action!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That thing is so cool!!!
            Would def be going on display after this springs use. Sure hope you call in a big guy with it

Comment

It definitely is the simple things in life. Very cool!

Comment

My turkey call was made by an 85 year old guy in Tennessee...

Comment

Being appreciative of the little things in life is the best. That's a gift you will always cherish. Make sure you hug him everytime you see him.

Comment

your a lucky man to have got that from him. congrats

Comment

That is awesome! Any idea how old it is?

Comment

Wow that is cool

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                          That is awesome! Any idea how old it is?
                          My best guess is that it's about 62 - 65 years old. He would've been using it when he hunted w/ my granddad (his FIL, mom's dad) before i was born. When myself and my brothers came along, i'm the oldest, he pretty much stopped hunting. I don't know how old the slate is. It could well be 80 years old, possibly older.

I'm going to try to make a little video of it in use tonight. If i can figure out how to do it, i will post the sound it makes.

Comment

Wow! Great story! I look forward to your videos - first of the thing working, and second of the turkey you're going to shoot using it.

Comment

That is awesome. Can you post a video of how it sounds? Those ol timers know a thing or two when you listen to them. My grandad was always coming up with stuff for something he didnt have money for that usually worked better than what you could buy at the store. Cant wait to see you smack a turkey that you call in with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                                That is awesome. Can you post a video of how it sounds? Those ol timers know a thing or two when you listen to them. My grandad was always coming up with stuff for something he didnt have money for that usually worked better than what you could buy at the store. Cant wait to see you smack a turkey that you call in with it.
                                The Great Depression will do that for / to you.

Going to try to post a video w/ sound tonight. Don't know if i have the knowledge / skill. May have to find a youngster to help me.

Comment

Working...
                                X