Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do yall like the Gordon area for hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do yall like the Gordon area for hunting?

Have an opportunity to get our group on a place near Gordon. What's the deer hunting like out there? Supposed to be year round all species so anything else you want to mention would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No one, huh?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up hunting outside of Gordon by Palo Pinto lake. My dad and his friends had a lease there from 1958 thru 1980. There were a lot of big deer killed off of that lease and a heckuva a lot more memories made. When we hunted the area there were no turkey, hogs or even coyotes. All of that has changed now. There's a lot of good hunting in that area. The ranch adjacent to ours was under high fence from the mid 70's. One of the kids I grew up with shot an Axis buck back in around 78 and Audad sheep were constantly escaping the high fence place.

Comment

I would love to have a lease around Gordon again. Mainly because it would be a 1 hour drive for me.
        There are plenty of deer in the area although Palo Pinto deer may not be the biggest bodied deer around.
        Mary's is a short drive away.
        I have three willing partners if you have space!

Comment

I think @perow hunts out that way.

Comment

I’ve hunted there for 15 years, pretty good deer numbers, biggest buck of 155-160”, certainly has pigs/hogs & also turkey

Comment

I hunted out that way about 15 years ago( between Gordon and Strawn). Back then there were fair numbers of deer with pockets of lots of deer. Saw a few big bucks out there but never got a shot at one. What I noticed was ,at first, we saw quite a few deer and turkey but as the seasons passed we saw fewer and fewer. The last year we were on it I saw two does during all of bow season. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the drought that they were going through. I'm sure the numbers are back to being good and you cant beat it for being being close to the metroplex. Good Luck

Comment

Good area and close to the metroplex!!

Comment

Depends on who your leasing from. That's all I've got.

Comment

Working...
                  X