Baker 3 ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker 3 ranch

Anyone here hunted the Baker 3 ranch in Rocksprings for axis ? Any tips or suggestions ? I just got the opportunity to make a hunt there this weekend for a bow hunt for does and I'm excited about going. I am guessing the animals are pretty educated on hunters. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Baker 3 ranch

My buddy went last weekend. Bought all the guys that work for him doe hunts(rifle). And he was going to try and bow hunt. He said all the guides were drunk and high and all they wanted to do was ride around in the rangers and shoot deer off the road. Guides showed up late every morning and then ate all his food and drank all his drinks. Which is exactly what happened to me last time we went down their for a bachelor party. It’s like the blind leading the blind there. Could be a really great place to go if the owners gave a ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dushon; 02-19-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Oh and they shot one doe all weekend... And they charged him 4K...

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
        Oh and they shot one doe all weekend... And they charged him 4K...

Sign me up.... not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I thought the bow hunt was on a different area of the ranch and was basically a DIY type deal?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            I thought the bow hunt was on a different area of the ranch and was basically a DIY type deal?

We used to go with a Tbh group and the bow hunting was all diy. Was pretty good. I believe all the rifle hunts you have to have a “guide”.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
              I sure hope so. I know this is a DIY hunt , but that's all I know

Comment

Do a search of Baker 3 on here. There are tons of threads. The DIY hunts can be fun.

Comment

I did it for you. Lots of info on these threads. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

I did it for you. Lots of info on these threads. Good luck

Wow ! Thanks ! I should have thought to do a search . Guess I`m just too excited . Thanks again

Comment

Been 3 years in a row. Bow stalk hunt. Always a blast. Get to the highest point in your pasture and glass. Take your time as your closing in on them. If you think your moving too slow, you probably need to move slower.
                      Have fun and good luck!

Comment

I've been several times, it's a fun hunt. I'm on the standby list for the spring hunt. If anyone is booked and can't make it let me know I'll take the spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I messaged them and they said its 45 hunters per hunt. Does that make it crowded? I know its around 22000 acres, but how often do you run into someone else? Are you allowed to throw out corn or anything? Thinking about doing the fall hjnt.

Comment

We are going to the June 1st hunt. Never been how do they divide the pastures? Do they give you a map ? Havent been able to get much info out of them .

Comment

Working...
                              X