• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a awesome thread! Thanks

Comment

One of the best threads I have found on the recipes

Comment

So to keep the spirit of the thread going. Does anyone have any requests?

Comment

Chilli Relleno

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
          So to keep the spirit of the thread going. Does anyone have any requests?
          Travis
          I want to do Chilli Relleno's for Superbowl what ya got?

Comment

My favorite chile relleno is stuffed with chorizo and Monterrey jack.

I assume you have a batter? Or do you need one?

Comment

Deer sausage carmelized onions and Monterrey jack would be awesome also.

Make sure you fully cook any meat you add prior. I believe I have a seafood version in here also on one of the prior pages and a batter.

If you have the time and patience roast them first. Some people do roast some don't, I just love the charred flavor on the outside.

To char you can throw them straight on some coals or do it carefully on a gas burner. After charred throw them in a ziploc while hot and let them sit for 10 minutes then peel under cold water.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                Deer sausage carmelized onions and Monterrey jack would be awesome also.

Make sure you fully cook any meat you add prior. I believe I have a seafood version in here also on one of the prior pages and a batter.

If you have the time and patience roast them first. Some people do roast some don't, I just love the charred flavor on the outside.

To char you can throw them straight on some coals or do it carefully on a gas burner. After charred throw them in a ziploc while hot and let them sit for 10 minutes then peel under cold water.
                I went back and searched for a chilli relleno batter and could not find it how do you do that I think I am going with shrimp in the relleno and cheese of course.

Comment

If you are fine with beer, do this.

I always over make batter, I hate running out. You can do water instead of beer if you want. Should be enough for about 5-6.

Be sure to dust with flour first. Then dip.

1 cup flour
                  1 cup cornmeal or even better corn flour if you can find it.
                  2 eggs
                  3 cups beer
                  Teaspoon chili powder
                  Teaspoon garlic
                  1/2 teaspoon cumin
                  1/2 teaspoon salt

Comment

WOW this is great.

Comment

Making some Italian Venison Hamburger steaks tonight! Pics and instructions inbound shortly!

Tease.

Comment

MesquiteCountry's Recipe thread

Instructions

One pound ground venison. I add no beef to mine. Just straight lean venison.

Dice up one red bell pepper and 7 basil leaves (I didn't really count them who am I kidding).

Oh looky here, found some fresh mozzarella from whole foods left over from valentines. Oh that's going in.

Pour in 1/4 cup egg whites (or just a whole egg, I'm trying to get a six pack of abs over here this year) and a teaspoon of olive oil.

Salt and pepper to taste. Don't over do it.

Add everything to a bowl to mix. Be gentle. Don't work this thing like you are trying to take out your case of the Mondays on it. Be gentle!

Make it look like this.

Now put in a heated pan with olive oil on medium heat and not a degree higher.

Cook for approximately 8-10" on this first side. It should be turning brown half way up the sides before you flip so the protein sets and this doesn't break into 80 pieces.

Flip

Then cook for another 8-10.

This meats been frozen for a month or so, so I'm going to cook it to medium. Cook it to your preference to hit the degree doneness you prefer.

Serve with veggies if you are on a diet (whom whomp) or better yet, serve it with 4 sides of bacon and a baked potato. Either will work.

Voila!

Enjoy!
                        Last edited by mesquitecountry; 02-18-2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Tagging this

Comment

Bumping this so I can make some fat man potatoes

Comment

To the top for some good looking recipes. One request.
                                Have a kid in college and I gave some deer meat ground and roasts. Do you have a no brainer recipe for deer that a college kid with a George Foreman grill and minimal utensils for one or two people and maybe leftovers. I did can some venison for him as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X