Jamaica resort - recommendations & absolutely nots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamaica resort - recommendations & absolutely nots

Wife and I planned to take kids (5 & 10) last year but all the deals were booking faster than we could click on them, so we scratched that idea and went on a short trip.

With time to plan now, we are entertaining the idea again.
    Here’s what we require:
    Awesome beaches
    Kid friendly
    Food options (especially for kids)
    All inclusive

Where y’all been that you liked…?

Where y’all been that was a “never again!”

Been to Mexico a dozen times and love it, and kids did too. But looking for something different and the sea weed in Mexico has it an absolute wreck now

The wife and I stayed here for 10 days a few years back... https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...h_Jamaica.html

I didn't have any complaints. Everything was clean, great restaurants on site, super nice staff. As far as beaches, they weren't awesome. You can look through the photos and see there wasn't a huge beach there. There are actually 2 resorts side by side. One allows kids and one doesn't. The kids had to stay on the resort that allowed kids but we were allowed full access to both resorts as adults. Was pretty nice to be able to walk over to the restaurants on the "kids" side and have dinner then head back to our resort for no kids. If awesome beaches are at the top of your list I honestly would probably mark this one off your list.

Comment

You can get airfare to The US Virgin islands for $300-400 round-trip right now as an alternative

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        You can get airfare to The US Virgin islands for $300-400 round-trip right now as an alternative
        We went to St. Thomas the water was beautiful

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stay out of Jamaica. That’s the most poverty stricken, trashy, full of rip off artist preying on tourist place I’ve ever been. I didn’t even make it out of the airport wo someone trying to sell me pot. Not even past customs. We went to sandals ocho Rios. The bus driver stops at local stands where they charge tourists 20$ for a can of pringles. Your hotels are nice, but they’re razor wired off from the public like a high dollar prison. Oh and feeling frisky venture out in the evening off property. We had a good time but anything more than 3 days and your over stayed. I went in 97! And it was like that. And sandals then was trying to pull schemes saying the properties we booked into were full. I don’t think so. They were trying to get us to stay at sandals negril. Never again on that adventure. Take your wife and kids to Hawaii. Is it more expensive. Yes. Is it worth it. Yes. Stay at home and just watch cool runnings. Feel the rhythm feel the rhyme, look out Jamaica it’s Hawaii time!

Comment

St Thomas st croix the Bahamas are all way way better options

Comment

Orange beach is kid and family friendly.

Comment

Agreed. We just got back from exuma…. But I’m not trying to book a $18k vacation with my kids. Lol

Virgin Islands isn’t out of the question.

I’m not worried about scammers in the town….. that’s why I go to resorts…. So I don’t have to go to town. Lol

Still looking for any Jamaica recommendations

Thanks for all input so far!

Comment

yep, my best recommendation is go to Bahamas, Caiman's, virgin islands, etc before Jamaica. I think as long as you stay within the confines of Jamaica's all inclusive resorts you'll probably be ok but don't wander off.

Comment

Anybody this morning got recommendations?

Plans are to stay at resort…. That’s why you pay for a resort

Not worried about drugs, I’ve been offered in every country I’ve been in… you can say “No thanks” it’s not that big an issue

Comment

Either Beaches resort in Jamaica is top notch. (Ocho Rios or Negril)

Comment

did jamaica and will never go back, that would be my recommendation.

Comment

Rose Hall Resorts is great for a family. Nice waterpark.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                            Stay out of Jamaica. That’s the most poverty stricken, trashy, full of rip off artist preying on tourist place I’ve ever been. I didn’t even make it out of the airport wo someone trying to sell me pot. Not even past customs. We went to sandals ocho Rios. The bus driver stops at local stands where they charge tourists 20$ for a can of pringles. Your hotels are nice, but they’re razor wired off from the public like a high dollar prison. Oh and feeling frisky venture out in the evening off property. We had a good time but anything more than 3 days and your over stayed. I went in 97! And it was like that. And sandals then was trying to pull schemes saying the properties we booked into were full. I don’t think so. They were trying to get us to stay at sandals negril. Never again on that adventure. Take your wife and kids to Hawaii. Is it more expensive. Yes. Is it worth it. Yes. Stay at home and just watch cool runnings. Feel the rhythm feel the rhyme, look out Jamaica it’s Hawaii time!
                            Agree, Jamaica is a sheet hole

Comment

Echoing the USVI recommendation.

Took all the kids and their friends to St Thomas a couple years back...still everyone's favorite family vaca. Made a day trip over to St John, the smallest of the USVIs.

When we go back it will be St John...even though its more expensive. And you might run into Kenny.

Comment

Working...
                              X