Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 10-27-2021, 03:50 PM   #1
careybirdwell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Melvin, TX
Default 7 Rem Mag ???

A post on another thread got me to think??? I see a lot of people talk about a lot of animals are not found, had to be tracked, etc because they were shot with a 7 Rem Mag. I'm trying to understand this statement. Because ballistically it seems to be a great choice to hunt most north American animals. Is it because there is a ton of people using the caliber? Maybe a lot of people can't handle the recoil? It is my go to caliber and my main hunting rifle. I have had some that took meat off of both ends, but my 9.5lb Weatherby has very mild recoil. What is the reasoning behind these statements?
careybirdwell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
Bassbuster
Eight Point

Hunt In: Burnet, New Mexico,west texas

I’m assuming that with bad shot placement you will lose animals. Bullet type may have something to do with it as well. People seem to blame the gun rather than take the blame for a not so great shot.
Bassbuster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 03:55 PM   #3
88 Bound
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

It's likely a combination of a lightweight rifle, heavy trigger and lots of flinching.
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 03:57 PM   #4
Kenner97
Ten Point

Hunt In: Atascosa, Wilson, Karnes County

Quote:
Originally Posted by careybirdwell View Post
A post on another thread got me to think??? I see a lot of people talk about a lot of animals are not found, had to be tracked, etc because they were shot with a 7 Rem Mag. I'm trying to understand this statement. Because ballistically it seems to be a great choice to hunt most north American animals. Is it because there is a ton of people using the caliber? Maybe a lot of people can't handle the recoil? It is my go to caliber and my main hunting rifle. I have had some that took meat off of both ends, but my 9.5lb Weatherby has very mild recoil. What is the reasoning behind these statements?
My opinion to this would be they are using the wrong bullet, MATCH bullets, and at the speed of a 7 Mag the bullet just zips through with no expansion, therefore no blood trail.
My cousin uses a 7 Mag and it shot the MATCH bullets really well, but after losing a nice buck, he now uses something different.
Some probably has to do with the recoil as well, because some might flinch and not hit the deer good either.
Kenner97 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 03:58 PM   #5
sboudreaux
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kimble County

Scared of it so they flinch and make a bad shot. 7mm's were really trendy years back and a lot of inexperienced hunters were buying them unaware of the recoil. Roy Hindes used to say that was the #1 cartridge used when he had to go track a deer.
sboudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:00 PM   #6
Txsurveyor2014
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma and Angelina County

I wonder about if bullet selection plays a large role, when people shoot way to heavy of a bullet and it pencils through on our smaller deer, basically like a FMJ would. I am not sure if that contributes to losing them or not though.
Txsurveyor2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:07 PM   #7
Colton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Bound View Post
It's likely a combination of a lightweight rifle, heavy trigger and lots of flinching.
This would be my guess.
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #8
trophy8
Pope & Young

Lung shots with bullets that don’t expand well equals a lack of blood. Folks can’t shoot magnums very well adds another.

I have killed an awful lot of animals with my 7 mag. I’ll gladly take the bet about it not being a good choice. Mine absolutely hammers animals with 180 Berger’s.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:15 PM   #9
careybirdwell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboudreaux View Post
Scared of it so they flinch and make a bad shot. 7mm's were really trendy years back and a lot of inexperienced hunters were buying them unaware of the recoil. Roy Hindes used to say that was the #1 cartridge used when he had to go track a deer.
This is the kind of stuff I have always read. so far, the reason people have listed could be a issue with any caliber
Old 10-27-2021, 04:15 PM   #10
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can.

I have no idea but I love mine. 162 gr sst has been pretty good to me so far. Granted only shot 1 elk 3-4 pigs and a couple jack rabbits with it so far but it was drt on all the pigs and elk ran less than a 100 yds and he was done.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:22 PM   #11
diamond10x
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties

It has about everything to do with the shooter and not the caliber. 7 rem mag is a great caliber for everything in NA just like the .270 and .30-06.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:23 PM   #12
rubicon51
Eight Point

Hunt In: Webb County

I have had one deer that I have had to track that I shot with my 7mag but that was my fault because I made a bad shot. But since then, every deer has either dropped where it stood or gone ~30 yards.
rubicon51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:29 PM   #13
SabreKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County

I'm like Trophy 8, I have killed a lot of critters with my 7 mag and have never had one take more than 2 steps. Most went straight down and never got up. That includes my 7 SAUM. My 1885 in 7RM has used 160 grain Grand Slams, 145 gr. Grand Slams, 150 grain BTSP's is a flat out hammer. My 7 SAUM and 140 grain TTSX's is a hammer as well.
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:33 PM   #14
wdtorque
Ten Point

Default Bet

Quote:
I'd go with this, and maybe add not much practice perhaps.
wdtorque is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:37 PM   #15
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

too much gun for squirrels.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #16
careybirdwell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwinklr View Post
too much gun for squirrels.
Depending on what you want to do with said squirrel
Old 10-27-2021, 04:43 PM   #17
Barney1971
Four Point

Hunt In: maverick co

i shoot a 7 mag and have for years. never lost an animal, but did have to call dogs once, but it was my fault.. bad shot. too much excitement and i rushed the shot also estimated the buck at about 150 yards... it was closer to 250. i shoot a 168 gr berger going 2950 fps.. its always been a hammer.
Barney1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #18
texasbbq
Eight Point

Shot placement and bullet construction is to blame NOT the cartridge headstamp.
texasbbq is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 05:17 PM   #19
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!

Too much gun for some. They take it to range right before season & kicks the snot out of them. Then they flinch. Never had an issue with my 7 mag. It was a hammer. Had a guy on a deer lease go buy a 300 mag from Bailey's in Houston. We were talking when he took it out to show everyone. Was talking recoil etc. I asked him something about sighting it in. He said No way, kicks too much. Mrs Bailey had sighted it in & she was a little bitty ole woman at that time. There is why people cripple stuff. Scared of the gun before he bought it. We were hunting jackrabbit size deer outside of Doss Tx.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 05:28 PM   #20
Aggies96
Four Point

I've been using that gun exclusively for west Texas mules, aoudad, and even whitetail. I've never lost an animal but def not the best gun to use on smaller hill country deer. My first one was a Browning Medallion edition I could shoot nickels with at 150 yards with cheapo Core Lok bullets. It got stolen and I got a Remington 700 with stainless barrel and synthetic stock now. Much lighter and came with a pretty good factory butt pad. I've got to shoot Precision Hunter ammo through this one though. A dang good shooting gun though with the right ammo.
Aggies96 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 06:50 PM   #21
Yak blue
Four Point

Only issue Iíve ever had with my 7mag is shooting ballistic tips. Had one punch thru the neck like a full metal jacket. The buck absorbed it and kept on standing then walking. Punched a second one into the neck and it dropped like a rock.
First entry hole was small and exit wasnít much better. Never seen or heard anything like it. That ammo is now used on pigsÖ

Instead of writing off the gun, I switched back over to trusty soft points and havenít had an issue since, and donít think Iíve had to track one more than ten yards, either.
Yak blue is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 07:04 PM   #22
xman59
Pope & Young

several reasons,
recoil,
muzzle blast,
poor marksmanship,
bullet jackets to thick,
and the mis conception that its as flat as a lazer beam,,,
and the number 1 cause,,,,
inability to judge distance!,,,,,

i saw all of these a few years back when i worked in a gun shop,,, and you can add too much scope which goes hand in hand with the idea it shoots like a lazer.... when they cant judge distance and crank the scope to 12x, 16 x or even more they think it is just hold on the center,,, because the target looks so close.....
xman59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 10:01 PM   #23
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

I shot a lot of deer with my multiple 7mm Rem. Mags., I only lost one. I hit one running one time, through the front shoulders, knocked the buck down, rolled it, in the direction the bullet was traveling. But the buck was chasing a doe, eventually got back up, pushing with it's back legs and bouncing on it's check, chasing the doe. Then eventually got it's front legs back under him and took off running. Then right through a fence. The property it ran to was owned by a ex federal judge, who had the place patrolled by armed guards who made it clear, if we ever went on the other side of the fence, they would shoot us. That day, I followed that buck right up to the fence, within minutes, the main old A hole guard showed up in his Jeep. I asked if I could leave my rifle on our side of the fence and go get the buck, he said no. I asked if he would go get the buck and drag it to the fence, he said no. Then he spent the rest of the day camped out on that fence line.

I know the buck was bleeding heavily and I hit it through the front shoulders, but exactly where through the front shoulders I don't know. That was the only deer I ever lost, that I shot with a 7mm Rem. Mag. I am sure that deer was dead, within 100 yards of the fence line. He was dumping a lot of blood, when he went through the fence. He made a deep pool of blood on both sides of the fence. I think he went under the fence on his belly.

90% of the deer I shot with my various 7mm Mag loads, only went about 20 yards, some went to the ground right were they were. I usually heart shot them. I don't know why, but the usual results were, the deer would get slammed to the ground, it would bounce right back up and run flat out for about 20 to 30 yards and roll, or do a face plant. The I would find the heart blown up, lungs liquified.

I know of one guy shooting a buck side profile, hit it through the throat, it ran off, was fine. I know, because another guy's wife who we took out there two or three weeks later shot the same buck. The deer seemed perfectly fine, till we recovered the buck in some thick white brush. We found a old wound healing on both sides of his throat.

Most deer I have seen shot with 7mm Rem. Mags. have a crater large enough through the rib cage, you can easily put a fist through, if not two fists. Those deer don't go very far. They are extremely easy to track, if you don't actually know where the deer is laying.

Actually, my mother's ex husband shot a mule deer three times with a 7mm Rem. Mag., he claimed. He claimed he shot it in the neck once, then twice in the chest, before it went down. But I never got to see the buck in person, to see the three holes, in the deer.

If there are guys claiming they shot deer with a 7mm Rem. Mag. and lost them. I would say, it would have to be poor shots, and or used some crappy ammo such as something loaded with Barnes bullets.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 10:06 PM   #24
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho

Quote:
I 2nd this. Add to this, lack of range time. A 7mm is a lot of gun, and a big price tag, just to practice with, so I bet people forgo getting comfortable with theirs.

This is all just speculation. But when I am at the range, I find a lot of folks shooting small rounds that have a more palatable price per round.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 10:15 PM   #25
Leon County Slayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camo (Leon County) - Knifemaker<><

I hunt short shot land and the one deer I shot with a 7mag dropped in his tracks but I had a tough
time finding the entry and exit holes. Approx 60 yard shot and apparently punched through with no expansion.

Killed a big boar with said rifle at 120 yards. Shot in shoulder and it dropped and got back up. Hit it again in chest, packed up bag, grabbed coffee and it was getting back up. Third times a charm.

Not a big fan but not mad at it either.
Leon County Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 10:23 PM   #26
Mission408
Six Point

Hunt In: Brownwood

All this being said best whitetail factory ammo? Remington core lokt? Interested to try out Norma whitetail this year
Mission408 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 10:30 PM   #27
88 Bound
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission408 View Post
All this being said best whitetail factory ammo? Remington core lokt? Interested to try out Norma whitetail this year
Some guns are particular on which ammo they shoot best. The 150 gr. Core lokts shoot well in mine.
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 10:48 PM   #28
Eatíem Up
Spike

It’s a popular caliber so you tend to see more feedback. That said the last 2 deer shot with mine were both the same shots on the same night with the same bullet. The buck dropped like a rock. The doe ran 50 yards with a fist size hole through both lungs. Probably has more to do with the animal than the gun.
Eatíem Up is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2021, 06:20 AM   #29
skeeterboud
Six Point

i've downed dozens and dozens w/a 7mmrm. only used 139 hornady spbt, and 140 accubonds, both factory and h/l's. 100% success. in my opinion, it's a devastating cartridge.

7 yrs ago i owned 4 7mmrm's. bdl, sendero, vanguard, and an adl i got in high school 30 yrs ago. they were all very very accurate, the old adl the most. i had a friend who doubled his salary and decided he was going to start hunting. got on a good lease, and asked me to sell him a rifle. he is a large, muscular man. 'bout 6-4" 280lbs. this adl could easily group 1/2-3/4" w/factory hornady 139 interlocks. at the range, he was shooting 12" groups at 100yds.. the other two of us each shot sub moa. we loaded a fired cartridge in it without him knowing. he literally turned his head, gritted his teeth, closed his eyes and pulled the trigger...

we then recommended a 243.. he didn't want one. he went on to hit a cull buck in the front hoof at his 100yd feeder due to the flinching. he then sold it to his best friend.. i would have easily bought it back
skeeterboud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2021, 07:34 AM   #30
deerwatcher51
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos

Shot placement….I dropped a Giraffe in its tracks with a 7 mag in Africa.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2021, 08:04 AM   #31
cva34
Ten Point

Hunt In: LOOKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterboud View Post
i've downed dozens and dozens w/a 7mmrm. only used 139 hornady spbt, and 140 accubonds, both factory and h/l's. 100% success. in my opinion, it's a devastating cartridge.

7 yrs ago i owned 4 7mmrm's. bdl, sendero, vanguard, and an adl i got in high school 30 yrs ago. they were all very very accurate, the old adl the most. i had a friend who doubled his salary and decided he was going to start hunting. got on a good lease, and asked me to sell him a rifle. he is a large, muscular man. 'bout 6-4" 280lbs. this adl could easily group 1/2-3/4" w/factory hornady 139 interlocks. at the range, he was shooting 12" groups at 100yds.. the other two of us each shot sub moa. we loaded a fired cartridge in it without him knowing. he literally turned his head, gritted his teeth, closed his eyes and pulled the trigger...

we then recommended a 243.. he didn't want one. he went on to hit a cull buck in the front hoof at his 100yd feeder due to the flinching. he then sold it to his best friend.. i would have easily bought it back
Yep see it at range lots...slip that dud in and watch them Flinch...Shoot at your comfort level (admit to yourself)......Its all a MACHO thing (Mine is bigger than yours) and Cost more! I have shot and owned most calibers and I don't like taking a beating..I can take a beating and still control myself but its a personal battle...My fav 243/260r/7mm08/308w all based on 308w case..I reload and in time of hard to find ammo..all can be interchanged by case forming the brass...
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2021, 01:22 PM   #32
SwampBuck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie County

As far as a whitetail deer goes, a fella can safely pick just about any Production caliber out there and get the job done. It’s not the caliber that’s insufficient or overkill, it’s the shot placement and more often the bullet selection that’s the culprit.

And poor Shot placement can come in several forms. Buck fever, distance misjudgment, OVER confidence leading to shooting outside your comfort zone, a flinch due to a magnum caliber… so on.

More often than not, bad chatter you hear or
Read come from someone with an isolated incident that had a bad variable then blamed the caliber and swore it off as a junk caliber and that was that.
SwampBuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2021, 09:48 PM   #33
Brute Killer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pleasanton

The generic statement of 7 Mag causes lost animals does not make sense. In my opinion, it is a case of a person not being able to shoot a high caliber rifle, or just not being a good shot.
More likely, they are afraid of The Recoil, and not familiar with the rifle. Roy Hindes and his people claim the 7 Mag, and then the 6.5 Creedmoor. It is a popular caliber as Casey stated and it is the one most likely to be in the hands of incompetent shooters.
Brute Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2021, 09:51 PM   #34
Brute Killer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
Shot placementÖ.I dropped a Giraffe in its tracks with a 7 mag in Africa.
And a 6.5 x 55 at less than 2,500 feet per second accounted for more than 300 elephants in Africa.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:07 PM   #35
randal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Crowell

I’ve been shooting a 7mmRUM for the last 8-10 years, don’t shoot many deer but have dropped all but one that ran 70 yards.. i have noticed the recoil bothers me a little more now than it use to and my groups are not as good as they are with my other guns so I’m probably going to go back to my .270 sendero this year..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2021, 11:04 PM   #36
Brute Killer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampBuck View Post
More often than not, bad chatter you hear or read comes from someone with an isolated incident that had a bad variable then blamed the caliber and swore it off as a junk caliber and that was that.
I heard a hunting outfitter in Colorado say a 270 was a poor caliber. He hadn't met Jack O'Connor, apparently.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:39 PM   #37
BolilloLoco
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Mason County

No telling how many animals I’ve drug back to the skinnin rack after knockin’em down with a 7mm Remington Magnum over last 25 years. But it’s been a bunch. I believe the key is knowing what you’re shooting. Gun and ammo. Practice Practice Practice. And not just on paper. Shoot some live targets. Hogs, coyotes, bobcats, etc. If you like the way your 7mag shoots long range non-expanding bullets then you gotta know you can’t shoot a deer through the lungs and expect to have a suitable blood trail. You gotta compensate and aim shoulder, high shoulder, neck or head. None of which are recommended for the average weekend warrior. Lotta room for error there.
BolilloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2021, 12:05 AM   #38
cwill
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burnet County

I just chuckle when I hear 7Mag smack talk. I've always found it to be an absolute hammer and have seen some massive wounds from it over the years. My all time favorite ammo was the Hornady frontier 139 grain, but I also shoot the 140gr Nosler BT's with devastating results. I'm a 7mag guy and always will be!
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2021, 05:55 AM   #39
Big pig
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Goliad and Brown Co.

Flinching. And some early ammo we used was crappy
There were very popular in late 70ís, early 80ís in s Tx.

I hate the recoil so I quit using mine. .270 is more my speed.
Or a bun gun.
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2021, 08:42 AM   #40
Walker
Pope & Young

The original man bun
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2021, 09:28 AM   #41
Johnson
Six Point

Hunt In: Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post
I just chuckle when I hear 7Mag smack talk. I've always found it to be an absolute hammer and have seen some massive wounds from it over the years. My all time favorite ammo was the Hornady frontier 139 grain, but I also shoot the 140gr Nosler BT's with devastating results. I'm a 7mag guy and always will be!
Have you ever had a problem with the 139gr Hornady not exiting? My 7 mag loves them however I've shot several deer and no exit.
Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2021, 09:32 AM   #42
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk Counties

My son shoots one in an Encore. If he does his part, it kills quickly. I shoot a .280 Rem and I can say the same about it. You can say the same about lots of calibers.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #43
brrdnk
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman,TX,Thurber & The "H" Some Years

The 7mag kills great. I will say that a lot of deer that I have had to track or seen lost were shot with one more so than most calibers except the .223 which is bullets and shot placement. Now this will get me flamed but most but not all we’re using
CoreLocks. Yes corelocks kill but have seen jacket seperation with them on faster rounds.I believe a lot of people are recoil sensitive and it affects shot placement. It’s a great caliber and I personally shoot a 280ai with quality bullets such as Accubonds, Barnes etc.
brrdnk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2021, 02:08 PM   #44
Gclyde12
Six Point

Hunt In: Junction, Freer

Just shot a nilgai this past weekend with my 7mag and dropped him right where he stood. As others have stated, shot placement out weighs anything
Gclyde12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2021, 11:41 AM   #45
hopedale
Pope & Young

Hunt In: WMAs

Quote:
This right here.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2021, 03:24 PM   #46
cwill
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
Have you ever had a problem with the 139gr Hornady not exiting? My 7 mag loves them however I've shot several deer and no exit.
Never with the 139's, but have experienced it a time or 2 with the BTs. However the damage with the BTs was so extreme it didn't matter! Lol
cwill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2021, 04:06 PM   #47
MUZZYSLINGR
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home and wherever i can
Default 7 Rem Mag ???

Itís been some time since I had a 7 mag. The load I used was some old 150 grain stuff my dad had. I believe it was Winchester brand.

It shot great & everything I hit with it dropped in its tracks.

Reading this thread has me wanting another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by MUZZYSLINGR; 10-30-2021 at 04:11 PM.
MUZZYSLINGR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2021, 05:19 PM   #48
S-3 Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton , San perlita

Never seen many problems with 7mm Remington mag , then people started showing up with
Stuff like 7mm STW and wanting to try longer shots on nilgai, and I kinda got turned off, magna port and muzzle brakes scare the edge off some shooters.
I personally started liking seeing our hunters with old school calibers like , 280, 7x57 , 300 H&H , 35 whelen , 358 win , 9.3x62 !
Loud or sharp kicking rifles = flinch IMO, if those don’t bother you then 7mm is a good cal .
S-3 Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top