Selling a home and pricing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a home and pricing.

We all know the market is insane. Here's a question.

Every single house is selling in 1-2 days. The worst deal I've seen is next to me where a lady listed at 315k and took 305k. She had an offer for 320k but he wanted inspection items fixed and she wanted to sell as-is.

Long story short. I have yet to see one single home not sell fast. And as mentioned all but the one above (where she took an offer in 3-4 days) sold for asking or above - most above.

Why would people not be upping the sales price? When it's a buyers market it makes sense to not be too high as potential buyers may not come back around if you have to lower the price. But right now it seems that wouldn't be the case. Seems like most buyers are cash buyers from Cali. so it's a constant stream of new buyers.

So agents, why not try to get more money? Are you not allowed to list over appraised value or something?

You can tell your agent what the list price is. This is not up to them. They typically want it priced "right", at a certain price point that will demand attention but also move it quickly. Do your research and talk to multiple agents before moving forward.

Or throw a FSBO in the yard and avoid the agent altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
      You can tell your agent what the list price is. This is not up to them. They typically want it priced "right", at a certain price point that will demand attention but also move it quickly. Do your research and talk to multiple agents before moving forward.

Or throw a FSBO in the yard and avoid the agent altogether.
      Well

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        We all know the market is insane. Here's a question.

Every single house is selling in 1-2 days. The worst deal I've seen is next to me where a lady listed at 315k and took 305k. She had an offer for 320k but he wanted inspection items fixed and she wanted to sell as-is.

Long story short. I have yet to see one single home not sell fast. And as mentioned all but the one above (where she took an offer in 3-4 days) sold for asking or above - most above.

Why would people not be upping the sales price? When it's a buyers market it makes sense to not be too high as potential buyers may not come back around if you have to lower the price. But right now it seems that wouldn't be the case. Seems like most buyers are cash buyers from Cali. so it's a constant stream of new buyers.

So agents, why not try to get more money? Are you not allowed to list over appraised value or something?
        Good question. By the way, I've got an H&R single shot 12 gauge, a little rust, for sell. Would you buy it for $500?

There are a lot of variables.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
          Well

Not my choice or my recommendation. Just pointing that out as an option.

Comment

In my area, the reasonably priced homes don’t make it a day. Those that are over priced by 10% or so make it 2-3 days, the ones that are extremely overpriced sit there until the price is lowered to a more reasonable number.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
              Not my choice or my recommendation. Just pointing that out as an option.
              🥸 oh, I have just been waiting for the right time to post that meme lol

Comment

In my neighborhood they were selling in a day. The last few weeks it has slowed down

Comment

DFWPI correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a realtor right?

Comment

There's a house for sale in my neighborhood they dropped the asking price by $30K and it is still $100K overpriced! Not sure what the owner is thinking there!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      In my area, the reasonably priced homes don’t make it a day. Those that are over priced by 10% or so make it 2-3 days, the ones that are extremely overpriced sit there until the price is lowered to a more reasonable number.
                      If this was what I saw it would make sense.

Better question - In this climate what harm could it do to ask for more? If average home in subdivision is selling for 320 with 2 selling over 350k would it hurt to ask 349k?

I'm not in a hurry to sell. If there's no downside why wouldn't I? I can always lower the price. Does doing this make for more work for the agent or just cost them a little time?

Comment

I think it is just out of ease of sale. Every dollar he cuts from the price costs the seller $0.94, but costs the agent only $0.03. In this market, the agent is motivated to just sell and get onto the next sale.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                          There's a house for sale in my neighborhood they dropped the asking price by $30K and it is still $100K overpriced! Not sure what the owner is thinking there!
                          Since a lot of buyers are buying without actually visiting the property in person they're just hoping. Sort of what I'm thinking only I would ask 130k more LOL Maybe just 25-30k more. But if they're buying like that then that's what it's "worth" right?

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                            DFWPI correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a realtor right?
                            I am

Comment

Since a lot of buyers are buying without actually visiting the property in person they're just hoping. Sort of what I'm thinking only I would ask 130k more LOL Maybe just 25-30k more. But if they're buying like that then that's what it's "worth" right?
                              A lot has to do with the appraisal, doesn't it? If the house appraises for a $350K, a lender won't give you more than the true worth, will they?

Comment

Working...
                              X