Lift for a 1996 Chevy k1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lift for a 1996 Chevy k1500

Before dad died last February he and I had been redoing his 1996 z71. We got it painted, new motor and rebuilt trans. I plan to keep it forever, but it would sure help me get more use out of it if it was lifted 3-4 inches and sitting on 33 inch tires so I could use it to drive the 15 mile dirt road with potholes that is my deer camp road. What lift do y’all suggest.

Bds makes a good lift for the money.

Comment

Body lift.? Hockey pucks. Hole drilled in the center

Suspension? Different story. Torsion pars play a part

Comment

Suspension and bds only makes 6 inch

Comment

Look at Zone Off-road. That’s BDS “budget” line and usually has more options.

Other than that, Rough Country. We had a 6” put on our daughter’s 2016 Ram and it’s been great. Had the rear shocks replaced with their shocks along with my front struts (2014 Ram 1500) replaced with their 2” lift pre loaded assembly, rides better than new. Even with me sitting on 295/70/18 Cooper STT Pro’s, load range E tires.

That 2014 rides way better with that setup than it ever did with the previously installed Zone 2” UCA lift, which came with new control arms and 2” spacers.

Comment

I had a pro comp 6” on my 95. Enjoyed it. It wasn’t the easiest to install but my father and I did it years ago.
            Last edited by eliteweldingco; 08-29-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Pro comp would be a decent budget 3-4 inch lift, most of the others in that range and lower just use new torsion keys and blocks. I had a Fabtech on a 94 but it doesn’t look like they make lifts for those years anymore.

Whether you're looking to maintain, optimize, or upgrade, we offer competitive pricing on Pro Comp 4 Inch Lift Kit with ES9000 Shocks - K1053B for your Truck or Jeep at 4 Wheel Parts. With our selection of quality brands and expert advice, we help boost your vehicle's performance and make a statement on or off the road.

Comment

Working...
              X