Toyota Tacoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Tacoma

I’m thinking of buying a Toyota Tacoma with the 4.0 liter. Anyone have first-hand experience with pulling atv or loaded with corn?

4L? Is that a 2nd Gen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You’re on the right track. 4.0 will work circles around the new 3.5. Ive had both and went back to a 4.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes.

I have a 2006 4x4 4-door with the 4.0 that I gave to my son. Prior to sending it off I pulled a ranger and a 500 honda atv on a 14' trailer a few times. I also loaded the thing down to the bump stops with corn and went 30 miles plenty of times.

It handled the corn load better than the trailer load. Youre not going over 70 with a trailer on a road with some hills. With a full size UTV.

That being said I wish the truck wasnt 14 hours away. Loved that thing. I'll get it back eventually and expect it to not have more than 115k on it. It had 90 on it 2 weeks ago

Comment

I have one. It does good. Is it a speed demon,probably not in some eyes. It does a good job for me. Been dependable & pulled everything I need at speed limit.

Comment

Not sure what gen it is but it’s a 2014.

Comment

And I’m talking a 5x10 trailer with 1 atv.

Comment

A 2014 would be a 2nd Gen. I had a 2009 and now a 2017. Both easily pull my 5x10 trailer with a 4 wheeler and some corn. That truck's towing capacity could be as little as 3,500 lbs and as much as 6,000+ depending on model (double cab or access cab) and 2wd vs 4wd

Comment

The 4.0 will pull that load just fine, but better get a diesel so you can go 90 up the mountains

Comment

I have a new one with the 3.5 and it pulls my 20’ toy hauler with motorcycle in it just fine. Also tows a 12’ trailer with 1 ton of corn easily.

So I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Comment

The Taliban use Toyota trucks exclusively. I refuse to support terrorism.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                        The Taliban use Toyota trucks exclusively. I refuse to support terrorism.
                        Curious to what ammo,cell phone, and socks you wear. I mean taliban could use those also

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2017 V6 3.5L and I pull a 16ft trailer with a Kubota L2350 with implements pretty routinely with zero problem, I have pulled a 20ft trailer with the tractor and my Honda Rancher with no problem.

Comment

Bought my son a 2014 4 door 4x4 LWB Tacoma with the 4.0 and have no complaints. Pulls fine and you can load her down. Squats a tad but the rear bumper is still on.

Rwc

Comment

The only problem I had withe two Tacoma's I have owned was with them squatting real bad. They don't have diddly for payload so you really need to beef up the backend if you are going to be hauling much. Mine would bottom out on any bumps with not a lot of weight in the bed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X