No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s awesome, looks like a fun hobby. One of my favorite plastics I used back in the day was Paul Browns Sea Devil. Similar to the devil eye but a bit shorter and no eyes. Would be cool to get those molds and make your own.

Comment

I have some of his personel favorite- purple with a white tail- that he gave me years ago. He originally called them Sluggo's and got sued, so he called them Sea Devils.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
        I have some of his personel favorite- purple with a white tail- that he gave me years ago. He originally called them Sluggo's and got sued, so he called them Sea Devils.
        Hands down Sea Devils are my favorite plastic. I’ve fished them in Florida, Louisiana, and Texas from Galveston to Brownsville.

Still have about 30 purple with white tails and a pretty good batch of some other colors. Try and pick them up any time I see some for sale.

Comment

When I got to post 28 I thought, if you could just have eyes on them! Lo and behold a couple of posts later!

They look good. What a the dimensions of the molds?

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
            When I got to post 28 I thought, if you could just have eyes on them! Lo and behold a couple of posts later!

They look good. What a the dimensions of the molds?
            The big paddletails are 7'' long. It's a silicone hand pour mold.

Comment

Those look awesome. I dig the colors too!

Comment

We made our own chigger craws for awhile. Made a plaster mother mold ( two part) and it was cool for awhile. But got to be a messy pain in the aR$$. We had baits ( bags and bags of them) and parts all over the house. Didn't see any improvement over original ones, and got tired of messing with it. So now we just buy them again. It was cool doing it, for awhile though.

Comment

Made some core shots and caught a few fish.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Been doing some hand pours lately. They're quite a bit more time consuming.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ohhhh... I see a lot of fish with those colors being on a stringer!

Comment

Been doing some hand pours lately. They're quite a bit more time consuming.
                          High quality craftsmanship in those! Super cool. Tahnks for sharing

Comment

Would you be interested in selling a few of the middle one in post 31? I'd love to try them big swim baits on sabine trout.

Comment

My favorite color. No one makes it so I do.
                              Would look good with a chartreuse tail!

Comment

Originally posted by das7777 View Post
                                Would look good with a chartreuse tail!
                                Everybody makes a chartreuse tail. That lure catches more trout and reds for me than any other I make. It's all about contrast and nothing is more contrasting than black and white. One kid I make lures for does want the chartreuse tail on his too.

Comment

Working...
                                X