Views:	2
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	24666067

Click image for larger version

Name:	5D736109-0E28-4C49-994C-286E0D8B1D92.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	24666068

Let’s see how long I can hold on to 2nd place. Got a good one yesterday morning near Caddo. Main frame 8 with a split brow on the left and at least 1 other point I think will score on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by mix View Post
      [ATTACH]1067650[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1067651[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1067652[/ATTACH]

Let’s see how long I can hold on to 2nd place. Got a good one yesterday morning near Caddo. Main frame 8 with a split brow on the left and at least 1 other point I think will score on the right.

Hell of a deer to be taken with red rider

Congrats!

Comment

Nice deer

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
          Hell of a deer to be taken with red rider

Congrats!
          You have to shoot their eye out and hope they run into a tree. Sometimes it all comes together. Hahaha

Comment

Nice deer and it's good to see some activity on this thread!

Comment

Great deer gents!

Comment

Great Oklahoma bucks Congrats.

Comment

Outstanding deer, Mix. Congrats!

Retrieverman and Mix, will you both post up some information for us? (Any history or background you have on the deer, how the hunt went down, shot/shot placement, recovery, etc)

I love hearing about the journey as much as enjoying the destination.

Comment

Yes we had some history with him. This is my best friend drews family’s place. It’s a little less than 300 acres with a good amount of open land but some good thick timber as well. He was on our radar first in ‘19.

He was around again in ‘20 and became somewhat regular. He seemed to have a problem with coons. We named him coon kicker after seeing several pics of him harassing the coons and vowed jokingly that he would get a lifetime pass. He started showing up at 1 feeder every morning and evening that December . My buddy had killed his buck already and called me telling me to come up and shoot him. We talked about it some and decided to let him go and see if he could make it to this year.

This year he was on camera a lot in velvet. We were up the first weekend in October and the feeder I was supposed to hunt was not working. We had plenty of pics of him including some more of him harassing coons. We headed back up this past Friday. Saturday morning my Buddy told me to go hunt the stand coon kicker liked to hang out and to shoot him if he showed up. I asked several times if he was sure. Hahaha I got to the stand Saturday and there were tons of leaves and a good size limb that had fallen on it .it’s a gametamer style lock on 20 or so feet up. Made a lot of noise getting it cleaned up. Nothing showed that morning. We checked the cameras and he’d been there nearly every morning for several weeks. Lots of times as soon as the feeder went off he’d be there. I hunted that evening and saw a few doe and small bucks. Drew told me go hunt it again Sunday morning. I had a coon there about 10 till 7. I took it as a good sign. Feeder slung at 710 and nothing showed for 20 or so minutes. I was starting to worry he was gonna outsmart me.Around 735 I saw a deer coming in. I checked through the binos and saw it was a shooter. I didn’t look long and wasn’t 100 percent sure it was him but didn’t care honestly. He ate under the feeder for a few minutes but kept looking back behind him. He spooked a little once and headed away from me. He stopped at 35 or so yards quartered away. I drew but he turned pretty quick and went back to the feeder. I held and waited. He spooked again but this time came toward me. He stopped at 25 and turned back and gave me the most beautiful quartered away shot I’ve ever seen. I thought to myself “it’s over” and let it fly. The shot felt good and he tore out of there. I could hear what I thought was lungs bubbling as he ran by. I knew he wasn’t going far. I texted drew and grabbed the binos to look for blood or my arrow. I paint the knock end of the arrow white.I could see it down there but couldn’t see blood. That worried me and I started replaying everything in my head. I was 99% sure he was dead but worried I could t see blood on the arrow. I waited as long as I could stand and then went to check it out. Arrow was broke. No pass through but good blood on the front of it and I could see a good blood trail. I went and got my wife and kids and drew. Got on the blood immediately and my 8 year old followed it the entire way to the deer without slowing down. I hit him lower than I wanted but it did the trick. He went 150 yards or so. Shot him with a rage 2 blade. Here are a few pics of him through the years. The first one I believe is him in ‘19. The second 2 are ‘20. The last is this year. Sorry for the novel but I’m kinda excited.

Name:	1C4E77B5-5CEC-48C3-B487-E86CB95C3AC9.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24666231

Name:	2AE4F1C6-FFBD-4854-AB00-F278B19641DC.jpg
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	24666232

Name:	88D66694-FE36-463E-A73E-8E6E7E720FD5.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	24666233

Name:	4F1FC878-33AA-4525-BC8C-3201F81D501C.jpg
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	24666234

Comment

I took this with a muzzleloader last Saturday evening. Too bad muzzleloader aint allowed. Cool contest. This is my 1st drop tine buck!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I’ve had this buck on camera a couple years and started watching this years rack grow in early May, but he disappeared in mid June. He showed back up September 4th, and I only got him on camera a couple more times in September (9/15 and 9/30). I hunted the only stand where him and another good buck had ever come to, but all I saw was a few 18 month old spikes and does. On the morning of September 6th (new moon), I got in the stand at just after 5, and as it started getting light enough to see, 4 little spikes came in to wait on the corn feeder to go off. All of a sudden they went “on point” looking south down the mowed road into the stand, because of the low light, all I could tell is that “a deer” was moving down the road towards me. This deer went straight to my protein feeder, took one bite, and walked right back up the road the way he came in. I watched him walk about 100 yards and disappear into 8 foot tall Johnson grass, and as he went out of sight, I was able to make out his rack with my binoculars. I was pretty sick that my target buck had just been within 20 yards from me but not in legal shooting light. After about 15 minutes, the young bucks in front of me went on point again, and as I looked up the road to see what they were looking at, I was surprised to see this buck heading back towards me. I got ready, and as he crossed into my 2 foot wide shooting lane, he stopped at 20 yards. I pulled the trigger, the “thwack” of a solid hit, and he ran straight away from me into more Johnsongrass. I heard him crash but had to wait in my stand for over an hour to let all the other deer leave. The bolt was stuck in the ground right behind where he had been, and I found him about 30 yards into the grass. By his teeth, this buck is “6+“, and I’m pretty sure he’s 7. He weighed 280 lbs (live weight).

Comment

2nd Annual TBH Oklahoma Big Buck Contest, East vs West! "Mod Approved"

West side smack down coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by kooterbrown9157; 10-27-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

After a dry streak last season in OK, more then happy to break the spell with this fella!

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post

After a dry streak last season in OK, more then happy to break the spell with this fella!

Yessir!

Outstanding buck! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post

What an awesome buck!
                                Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X