2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    Answer honestly… does your personal economic situation rely upon 50 lbs of venison. If so… I have some projects for you on my place…would you be interested in working?
    No sir, it doesn't, but it is nice to save a little money here and there. Plus I really enjoy hunting, my son who is 4 loves hunting with his dad, my wife loves venison (and for some strange reason me). I'm not going to argue online about shooting one old doe a season instead of a barely legal 2.5 year old buck. You can see it your way and I'll see it mine, but when i only have small acreage to hunt on it does limit some of my options. I do my best to practice good management but at the end of the day, I enjoy hunting and that's why we are all really here, to discuss that. If I had more land to manage I would probably be on your page too. Anyways good luck this season

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
      No sir, it doesn't, but it is nice to save a little money here and there. Plus I really enjoy hunting, my son who is 4 loves hunting with his dad, my wife loves venison (and for some strange reason me). I'm not going to argue online about shooting one old doe a season instead of a barely legal 2.5 year old buck. You can see it your way and I'll see it mine, but when i only have small acreage to hunt on it does limit some of my options. I do my best to practice good management but at the end of the day, I enjoy hunting and that's why we are all really here, to discuss that. If I had more land to manage I would probably be on your page too. Anyways good luck this season
      Thank you. My bad on getting snarky. It’s that time of year. I hope you have a great weekend. As I said in earlier post… it’s going to be on!

In the end it’s all about getting in the woods.

Comment

Thank you. My bad on getting snarky. It’s that time of year. I hope you have a great weekend. As I said in earlier post… it’s going to be on!

In the end it’s all about getting in the woods.
        All good, I probably should have left out the whole "king's deer" comment as well.
        Last edited by NewBallCoach; 10-26-2021, 10:36 AM.

Comment

We have areas on our place that we kill 25 does a year on I'm talking 500 acres and other areas we kill 10 in 500 acres. We kill an average of 100 does a year off 12000 acres and we're losing the battle.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            I know it isn’t age. We have had strict age restrictions for years and my last several deer were all 6.5 plus. We do flood but the same deer come back I have camera proof of deer for 4 plus years. Here is an example of a “good deer” at our place [ATTACH]1067780[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1067781[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1067782[/ATTACH]
            Yeah that's not good. I don't think you can change the genetics by hunting. Maybe just take it for what you to hunt and enjoy shooting 130s. Or pack up and move.

Comment

We only hunt 160 acres at my inlaws place in Houston County. We don't really kill does. My wife and daughter each took one doe each a couple years ago but that's about it in the last 10 years or so. Best we can tell from pics and sightings, we have 9 bucks on the property regularly (3 of them 4 or older), and 10-12 does.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                We have areas on our place that we kill 25 does a year on I'm talking 500 acres and other areas we kill 10 in 500 acres. We kill an average of 100 does a year off 12000 acres and we're losing the battle.

I know a guy who'd come help you do that lol

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
                  I know a guy who'd come help you do that lol
                  Help is not the problem

Comment

All this deer talk… fellas, it’s Halloween weekend and despite all my rambling on about does, we get to climb into trees this weekend and sling arrows at bucks who, for the next two weeks, will be running around amuck like we did in college. This is what we wait for all year long!!!
                    Hey I didn’t go to college. Did I miss something worth talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      Hey I didn’t go to college. Did I miss something worth talking about?
                      No. lol. I should have said “in our 20’s” I am sure you didn’t miss out on that. Its possible you chased something across a proverbial open hay field at noon without a care in the world back then.

Comment

This buck is showing promise if he’ll hang around for a few more years. He was a little crab claw 10 at 2 1/2 last year and is approaching 20” in width at 3 1/2. Looks like he’s already broken the end of his right beam. I videoed him but can’t get it to load.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                          This buck is showing promise if he’ll hang around for a few more years. He was a little crab claw 10 at 2 1/2 last year and is approaching 20” in width at 3 1/2. Looks like he’s already broken the end of his right beam. I videoed him but can’t get it to load.
                          Now you're talking. 4 more years

Comment

South Newton county.......Just rolled up on buck mounting a doe in the middle of the lease road

Safe to say it has begun!

Comment

High winds with the front will shake down a lot of acorns this week. I know where I will be hunting this weekend and it won't be on a feeder.

Comment

2021-22 east texas season

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                                South Newton county.......Just rolled up on buck mounting a doe in the middle of the lease road

Safe to say it has begun!

They’ve been harassing does non stop at our newton co place. One buck went over 2 miles on camera last night. I’m just waiting for the deer I call B9 or George to show on my covert in the riverbottom in daylight and I’m going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X