Weld Up or Bolt Up Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Installation error. I have 7 roll ups cumulative and none have been problematic over last 10-15 years unless run into with forklift….
    Ummm…Yes.
    I have more problems with fn overheads. My rollups have been solid minus stabs and side rubber coming off.

Been told long time ago by my welder Pawpaw…Bolt your sheds he said. Takes more force to sheer a cluster of bolts than welds. And theyre more forgiving to sub structural movement. The bolts play. The welds dont play. Somebody may argue otherwise.

Comment

Well the price difference between weld up or bolt up wasn’t as much as I was expecting. The biggest difference for me was that the bolt up had at least a 16 week lead time. The weld up was 3-4 days. In the end the weld up will cost me a fair amount more money due to labor (welder) and equipment rental.

Comment

I was ordering a bolt up from mueller and same thing 6-8 weeks out so I ordered weld up and had all my materials in a week and half plus it was cheaper.

Comment

I ordered a 40x60 bolt-up from Rhino at the end of June and delivery is end of December.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            Installation error. I have 7 roll ups cumulative and none have been problematic over last 10-15 years unless run into with forklift….
            I used to pay a door guy to come out once a year and service our 13 roll up doors. That way he had a dog in the hunt when one went down. He lubed them , checked the cables, and checked alignment of the door. It seemed to help.

Comment

Working...
            X