Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a rifle from a TBRr but needs to be shipped. What's the process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a rifle from a TBRr but needs to be shipped. What's the process?

I am buying a rifle from game_Chaser who is in the Dallas area. He is willing to ship, but how does this work?

I am in NW Houston.

Find you a TBH Express.........

Comment

Yes ^^

FFL Transfer. Link lays it all out.

FFL transfers are an important part of the gun sales process. Firearm Transfer is a physical hand-over of a firearm. For a FFL dealer, firearm transfer means that customer fills out the ATF Form 4473 & eligible to buy.

Comment

He puts it in a box and mails it to you. It's that simple intrastate.

If you get it shipped to your office just tell the front desk girls it's golf clubs lol

Comment

Uhh stick it in a box and drop it at UPS. No FFL required for shipping a rifle or shotgun around in state. Insure it and just tell them its a telescope or something.. IF they ask.

Comment

^^^^ or golf clubs SMTX posted as i was typing.

Comment

No need for an FFL for shipping a long gun within Texas using UPS or USPS. Just box it up and ship it. I’ve shipped several without any issues.

Will save you some trouble to print your own label and just drop it off. No need to tell them what it is either, most employees don’t know their own rules regarding firearms. If you use UPS, don’t go to a UPS Store, go to the main hub.

Comment

As others have said, put it in a box and ship it as long as it within Texas. I will say I have had better luck with USPS than UPS or FedEX. USPS that I use near me never asks any questions.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

TBH express is best. I hauled guns and bows for folks and used others to haul guns. TBH folks are the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                      No need for an FFL for shipping a long gun within Texas using UPS or USPS. Just box it up and ship it. I’ve shipped several without any issues.

Will save you some trouble to print your own label and just drop it off. No need to tell them what it is either, most employees don’t know their own rules regarding firearms. If you use UPS, don’t go to a UPS Store, go to the main hub.
                      I always remove the bolt from receiver, and action from stock which makes for a smaller, more compact package. For some reason, I see them using my long box for a ramp for their carts or just walking up--and that will break a stock with action in it really fast. And, I have a letter from the USPS Inspector General laying out the rules for shipping things. Nice to have when you are facing ignorant employees at the PO.

Comment

There are a lot of TBH'ers that make that trip regularly. Let's step up and help these folks out with a TBH express!

Comment

I’m going that way but it’ll be a
                          Couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

USPS if you can believe it is easiest. Sure, you could tell UPS or FedEx it's "machine parts" but when it inevitably gets damaged or goes missing, you're SOL because they don't want you shipping guns. It used to be easy, not anymore.

Comment

Send him a cashier check, once he receives it he will put in box and mail to you.
                              Very easy

Comment

Working...
                              X