I Got Scammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Got Scammed

I needed some 270 Win ammo, and these guys took my money. They are not a legit business even though the website is pretty well done.

They want payment by Zelle, which I sent via Wells Fargo online banking so I thought it would be safe. Turns out there is no protection with Zelle and it's like sending cash (similar to PayPal Friends and Family).

Dang. Sorry it happened. Thanks for the heads up so we can avoid them.

Comment

Sorry it happened. Thanks for the warning.

Comment

But the reviews (of the few items that have them) all say "This is legit" repeatedly.

Wonder who you should report something like this to? Sorry this happened to you.

Comment

Somebody sure spent some money on that web page. It sure looks like a legit company.

Just curious, how are you sure you got scammed? How long ago did you purchase the ammo and what has happened since?

Comment

AG office

Comment

Found this from another forum page....

"The website seems to be way out of date. They seem to offer all sorts of ammo & primers that no one else has anymore, at old prices. For example, Win AA 20ga #8 for $8 a box, Rem 12ga Gun Clubs for $7.99, AA 28ga Sporting Clays $8.99, haven't seen those prices in a looong time! That and the Win 209 primers, all too good to be true.

In their Shop page, in addition to Guns, they list Juice, as well as Groceries. "Other Ammunitions" are all blank, as are all of the entries under "Firearms". And what are "Short guns"?!

The business name of the website (discountammostore) does not match that within the site itself (Tacticool). Bizarre. It might be worth calling them on the phone and see if they can explain... I can say from programming a few websites that Latin text is not a red flag -- websites are built from sample code all the time, so that's not a big deal IMHO.

Their phone number is in the 716 area code, which is western NY state, e.g. Buffalo. But the address they give is "82 12th Street, Office 14, LA", no city, no zip code. 716 area code is neither Los Angeles nor Louisiana. There are a number of towns in or near LA with an address of 82 12th St, but its awfully vague."

Comment

Do a Google search of their physical address. BUNCH of random businesses linked to it... scammers suck

Comment

Duck Duck Go will not load the website. Says there is a SSL error.

Comment

After the Great Griddle Scam of TBH I got in the habit of putting in a bit more research on websites that I do not recognize. Scammers are doing a lot better job now days making websites look legit, but most times there are some red flags. I usually do a quck search on addresses and phone numbers. Sorry you got took
                    Last edited by hntndawg; 10-20-2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

We've all been getting scammed when it comes to buying ammo.

Comment

Noted

Comment

Comment

i saw a warning this morning on FB about these guys

Comment

Good push

Comment

Working...
                              X