Changing out sight and arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing out sight and arrows

Don't have a lease this year so thinking about tinkering with my set up on my Triax. Currently have a single pin HHA Optimizer light single pin and thinking about going with a S&S Archery Montana Black Gold Backcountry Pro Hunter or Spot Hogg Fast Eddie, both in 3 pin configurations. Of those two, which one would you choose? Would stick with HHA but they only have a 4 pin.

As far as arrows, current set up are Easton Hexx with 75 grain insert, 100 grain tips, 4 fletch blazers and nockturnal nocks. Nothing wrong with the Hexx but want to get to a closer to a 500 grain arrow if not over. Have always been an Easton shooter and looking at the 5mm Easton FMJ Match grade, 75 grain insert, 100 grain tip. Should I stay with the Hexx or go FMJ's?

Of the sights, I’d go with 3 pin either way but spot hog is going to be the most durable one of the 2, nothing wrong with black gold. But ones basically bomb proof and the other isn’t. The pins on the black gold are a hundred times brighter than spot Hogg

For arrows nothing wrong with the hex but I prefer the axis over the fmj. I don’t like that they can bend. can you add another 50-100 gr on your Hexx and still spine correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      Of the sights, I’d go with 3 pin either way but spot hog is going to be the most durable one of the 2, nothing wrong with black gold. But ones basically bomb proof and the other isn’t. The pins on the black gold are a hundred times brighter than spot Hogg

For arrows nothing wrong with the hex but I prefer the axis over the fmj. I don’t like that they can bend. can you add another 50-100 gr on your Hexx and still spine correctly?

I can add weight to the front but already have the 75 grain inserts in the ones I have. Going to build a new arrow for this, not against the Axis as a choice either.

I shoot a fixed blade and trying to decide between the q2i c-ii vanes in a 3”-3 vane configuration or the 2.1-4 vane configuration.

Ended up ordering the MBG today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot FMJ's for a few years and liked them other than i got a few that had a slight bend after shooting them a bit. This year i switched to 5mm Axis match grade and love them. I run 50gr of brass and 125gr broadheads with 3 fletched blazers, im at like 503gr with this arrow setup

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
          I shot FMJ's for a few years and liked them other than i got a few that had a slight bend after shooting them a bit. This year i switched to 5mm Axis match grade and love them. I run 50gr of brass and 125gr broadheads with 3 fletched blazers, im at like 503gr with this arrow setup
          Looking at the Axis match grade. Current set up I'm at about 391g. Going the axis match grade, 75g insert, 125 grain broad head and whatever vane setup I decide I should be in the 490-500g range.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
            Looking at the Axis match grade. Current set up I'm at about 391g. Going the axis match grade, 75g insert, 125 grain broad head and whatever vane setup I decide I should be in the 490-500g range.
            Whats your Draw length and weight

Comment

hey hope so you are doing fine. you want scope Adjustment. i have just found out a great blog in this particular topic here.

Comment

I can add weight to the front but already have the 75 grain inserts in the ones I have. Going to build a new arrow for this, not against the Axis as a choice either.

I shoot a fixed blade and trying to decide between the q2i c-ii vanes in a 3”-3 vane configuration or the 2.1-4 vane configuration.

Ended up ordering the MBG today.

Depends on the bow. But using aae hybrid 26 vanes I’ve shot 3 fletch with hard helical and 4 fletch with probably 2-3 degree helical and shot them in the same group at 90, have only taken iron wills out to 50 and both shot when I did my part. Maybe I mean maybe the 4 fletch fixed my mess ups a bit better but it could also be in my head

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                  Whats your Draw length and weight

28” DL-64lbs DW. Ordered ethics archery 100 grain outserts

Comment

28” DL-64lbs DW. Ordered ethics archery 100 grain outserts

So I’m 28 and 65 lbs currently and my axis are
                    28” 300 spine with 50 gr of brass, 100 head and aae hybrid 26’s and nockturnals.
                    Puts me at 494 with 3 fletch

Another option is use the standard insert and get the iron will or ethics collar and have a more durable arrow

Comment

I was a black gold shooter for years. They make a great sight. If you go that route get the micro tune. I had several issues with the regular housing cracking.. The clamp is aluminum and will crack if over tightened . There's a fine line between over tighten and too loose..

I just bought the new spot hog triple stack.. The pins are much brighter than the older spot hogs.. for me they are too bright most of the time. But every light I look at I see star burst so that doesn't help. The sight is solid and better built than the black gold.. Both have great customer service..

The only thing I don't like about hexx arrows is the durability. They are thin walled.. I wouldn't shoot FMJs the shaft weight is too high. Either get some Easton axis or victory rip tko. I like the tko because they are a little lighter gpi so you can add the weight to the broadhead end.
                      Nothing wrong with tinkering that's half the fun of archery imo..

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                        So I’m 28 and 65 lbs currently and my axis are
                        28” 300 spine with 50 gr of brass, 100 head and aae hybrid 26’s and nockturnals.
                        Puts me at 494 with 3 fletch

Another option is use the standard insert and get the iron will or ethics collar and have a more durable arrow

What vane are you using, Blazers?

I’m thinking about going with one of these.
                        Q2i-fusion II 2.0 in a 3 fletch
                        Q2i- fusion X-ii 2.1 in a 4 fletch
                        Q2i- Griff X 3.0 in a 3 fletch

Comment

What vane are you using, Blazers?

I’m thinking about going with one of these.
                          Q2i-fusion II 2.0 in a 3 fletch
                          Q2i- fusion X-ii 2.1 in a 4 fletch
                          Q2i- Griff X 3.0 in a 3 fletch

Aae hybrid 26

Comment

Working...
                          X