Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
    BigJohn

You can initiate a “crash case” with DPS to get her DL suspended. You send a copy of the police report, proof she caused more then $1000 in damages and if possible written confirmation she did not have insurance.

Within 20 days of notice she can request a hearing to contest it (but unlikely to work in your case). Once DPS confirms it the DL is suspended.

A victim of an uninsured driver can also file suit. If you get a judgment that they do not pay, you can have DPS suspend their drivers license.

I had a guy almost kill my wife and that SOB never got his DL back.

Feel free to send a PM if you want any help.
    Thank you for that information. I'm sure my insurance will do everything they can to recover what they can. I already have written confirmation of her insurance being canceled 5 months ago. One month after she got a six month insurance card that she presented after the accident.
    Last edited by bigjohntex; 10-16-2021, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Being a long time fireman on Fort Worth Northside I will say its probably more unusual if someone has insurance than not. Nothing happens to them and many times even if drunk nothing happens just as in this instance

Comment

We have found where they are having a new house built and bragging about it on face book. Now we have their real address (not the one they gave at the accident) and have turned it over to state farm along with the county appraisal info. I also have other information for vehicles they own. I feel sure State Farm will go after everything. Here are pictures of the new house. They can afford to have a house built but not car insurance. SMH.....
        Attached Files

Comment

I have uninsured/underinsured coverage on my insurance. I was hit by a drunk 10 years ago and he had insurance but it was only 100k per wreck and he caused a 5 car pile up.

Comment

How did you find the perp's REAL address and the other info? THAT is a useful skill.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
              Yes, I have collision, uninsured, under insured coverage. But, there is no way I won't lose thousands of dollars on a totalled vehicle. Especially with Tacoma prices having gone nuts with the lack of production of new and used prices skyrocketing.
              Not true. Your insurance company has to pay you market value for what it will cost to replace your exact truck. Start searching and saving listings. Do NOT accept their initial offer. This is a negotiation, not a dictation.

Glad you aren’t hurt. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
                How did you find the perp's REAL address and the other info? THAT is a useful skill.
                My wife. Lol. A lot came off "Smart backgroundchecks .com" Lots of info can be found if you dig and dig. We have found phone numbers for her and husband, (I called her when I found out insurance had been canceled.) She has had at least 10 phone numbers and 10 aliases with 29 different addresses! Husband has had 11 phone numbers, 12 aliases and 30 addresses. She could care less about my truck/my injuries when I called her. She was complaining that she no longer had a vehicle to drive! We have found he has at least 3 different Facebook accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                  Not true. Your insurance company has to pay you market value for what it will cost to replace your exact truck. Start searching and saving listings. Do NOT accept their initial offer. This is a negotiation, not a dictation.

Glad you aren’t hurt. Good luck.
                  I am already preparing for this. My truck has well over $4000.00 in added options over a factory TRD SPORT. The selling prices have gone up $7 to $10 thousand dollars since January of this year for the same truck. I have kept up with prices/options/modifications prices. I am kinda a Tacoma fan.

Comment

I got hit by an uninsured couple 1.5 years ago.....****** me off and nothing happens to them. They really need to go to jail until they pay you back

Comment

My wife. Lol. A lot came off "Smart backgroundchecks .com" Lots of info can be found if you dig and dig. We have found phone numbers for her and husband, (I called her when I found out insurance had been canceled.) She has had at least 10 phone numbers and 10 aliases with 29 different addresses! Husband has had 11 phone numbers, 12 aliases and 30 addresses. She could care less about my truck/my injuries when I called her. She was complaining that she no longer had a vehicle to drive! We have found he has at least 3 different Facebook accounts.
                      that's cool stuff. Go get 'em! Hope they have to pay everything and then some for the trouble.

Comment

Accident video. If you don't have a dash cam I hope you get one soon!
                        https://youtu.be/oc6hjeQslCM
                        very true. I have one and its saved my bacon a couple times. The last time, a lady cut me off by coming all the way over from the middle lane, into my lane, then to the left turn lane that I was about to get into, then slammed on her brakes inside the turn lane after I entered it, causing me to rear-end her car. She got out and pretended to be all apologetic but later lied to the insurance, saying I was doing something else. Well, my dash cam caught it all. I sent the footage in and her insurance reversed the decision and paid for my damages instead.

Comment

I am already preparing for this. My truck has well over $4000.00 in added options over a factory TRD SPORT. The selling prices have gone up $7 to $10 thousand dollars since January of this year for the same truck. I have kept up with prices/options/modifications prices. I am kinda a Tacoma fan.
                          I've had State Farm my entire adult life. Been through two truck total losses. One way back in 95 and one on my sons truck this year. In both cases, without negotiation, they paid me shockingly good values. They also added value on first one for extras I had added. Adjuster asked me if I had added anything to the truck. Hopefully your experience will be the similar.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wowzer, sounds like they are scam artist or something similar.
                            Everyone I know that switches phones and addresses like these people do, could not afford a house like that.....

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Wowzer, sounds like they are scam artist or something similar.

Everyone I know that switches phones and addresses like these people do, could not afford a house like that.....
                              I doubt very seriously that they are building the house that's posted on FB. That's probably part of a scam too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was heading to work early one morning 20 years ago. A guy crossed over 2 lanes to try to pull into a gas station hitting me in the process. They pulled into a gas pump like nothing happened and didn’t know English. I called the Mesquite police and luckily there was an officer a couple of blocks over. The cop was bilingual so the guy that hit me learned English pretty quickly. He didn’t have a driver license, the insurance was in someone else’s name and on a different vehicle. Ended up causing $1,800 worth of damage. My insurance ended up paying to fix the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X