Florida has just about anything to hunt or fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the air gun hog hunting threads this morning, after watching the one video posted, then watched another and another, it lead to iguana hunting in Florida with air rifles. I watched three iguana air gun hunting videos, kind of surprising. I had no idea that some of Florida is overrun with iguanas, but after watching those videos, they have a lot of them over there.

You can stay busy over there catching pythons, you can go shoot pigs, then shoot iguanas, and catch some peacock bass, I know I have heard of other invasive critters over there, but don't remember what others they have. I had no idea, they had so many iguanas, I am surprised I have not heard of the problem sooner.

The guy who's videos I watched, he says he eats the iguanas. I have heard of people eating them, I would guess they would be like eating a snake or frog, or maybe somewhat like alligator. I would bet more like snake meat.

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    With the air gun hog hunting threads this morning, after watching the one video posted, then watched another and another, it lead to iguana hunting in Florida with air rifles. I watched three iguana air gun hunting videos, kind of surprising. I had no idea that some of Florida is overrun with iguanas, but after watching those videos, they have a lot of them over there.

You can stay busy over there catching pythons, you can go shoot pigs, then shoot iguanas, and catch some peacock bass, I know I have heard of other invasive critters over there, but don't remember what others they have. I had no idea, they had so many iguanas, I am surprised I have not heard of the problem sooner.

The guy who's videos I watched, he says he eats the iguanas. I have heard of people eating them, I would guess they would be like eating a snake or frog, or maybe somewhat like alligator. I would bet more like snake meat.

I **** you not and it's cliche but iguana tastes like chicken more than snake.

Comment

We went peacock fishing down there and due to a late front it had them locked up. At some point along the trip my son had mentioned an iguana shooting video. Little while later the guide got out his air rifle and let my boy shoot a few. Highlight of his trip To say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by DKirk; 08-27-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
        We went peacock fishing down there and due to a late front it had them locked up. At some point along the trip my son had mentioned an iguana shooting video. Little while later the guide got out his air rifle and let my boy shoot a few. Highlight of his trip To say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I could see it being a fun way to kill time

I would not mind being a teenager living Florida, at this point in time. I could find all types of stuff to shoot or fish for, to occupy my time. I am not going to take trip to Florida to shoot iguanas, but if I am ever in the area for some other reason, I may give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
          I **** you not and it's cliche but iguana tastes like chicken more than snake.
          I will take your word for it. Never tried it, never been any place that was serving iguana. I would try it, if I had the chance.

Comment

Florida is home to all sort of exotic fish, birds, reptiles and other animals released from the pet trade. Some of the larger predatory lizards have made their way across the south and are now invading Texas.

Comment

Yep I’ve been down that rabbit hole many times. Also knifefish, snakehead, barramundi fishing as well as several ranches that have axis and other exotics.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post

Lotta deer in the Keys too!

Comment

Trouble is with Florida big game hunting it's almost like a HF place... If you can keep 'em from goin' north or south, they're very limited how far east/west they can go!! Little skinny place with a LOT of water on boff sides! Panhandle though is a lot like the Big Thicket used to be in East Texas... I could get used to that real easy!

Comment

Some TBHers went Iguana hunting there not too long ago.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We're looking into iguana in the spring

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know a couple of folks who have done the iguana hunt with bows. I wanna do that!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The only problem with Florida is Florida people!!! Hi Rick!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            We're looking into iguana in the spring

Better get a start on the man bun now - lotta PCP Air Guns there - shooting is residential.

Here's a tip, a long grey mullet can wrap up into a tight bun easily - just in case that mullet gets hot.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                              Better get a start on the man bun now - lotta PCP Air Guns there - shooting is residential.

Here's a tip, a long grey mullet can wrap up into a tight bun easily - just in case that mullet gets hot.
                              Not all of it.

And I'll leave the man bun to the seamen of the shallow water navy

Comment

Working...
                              X