Best short action 30 cal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best short action 30 cal?

Got an extra barrel blank. #3 Bartlien 5R fluted 26” 1/10.

Got a standard bolt head and a magnum. All I can think of is a 300 wsm. Any other ideas? Factory ammo. NOT A 308.

I have a 300 wsm and it is one of my favorite guns. It is a Winchester high wall single shot and it shoots holes touching at 100 yards. I shoot 180 accubonds and reload my self. So my vote goes to a wsm

Comment

300 RCM if you’re wanting magnum performance, and something a little bit different.

Comment

I will add. I have a 7 mag that’s a rocket and a nice 300 win mag

Comment

Lightweight .300 Savage bolt gun? There aren't many .30 options besides .308 on the short action, and you already have a .300WM...But there aren't many factory ammo options for the .300 Savage. And .300 RCM or .300 SAUM ammo isn't easy to find at local stores, either.

Comment

Factory ammo pretty much narrows it to 300 WSM I would think

Comment

i don't think you could go wrong with the 300 wsm.

Comment

300 Weatherby.

Comment

I have an A Bolt in 300WSM and I used to have a Ruger No. 1 in 300 Win Mag. I prefer the WSM. The game won’t know the difference but your shoulder will.

Comment

300 wsm is probably it when only going factory stuff

Comment

Y’all are letting me down boys. Was hoping there was something I didn’t know about lol

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        300 Weatherby.
                        That’s a long action

Comment

If you already have a 7 and a 300 win, you could step up to the .325wsm. 200 grain Accubond at around 3000fps would be a hammer.

Comment

30 tc, but that seems kinda dumb. 3030 but that seems dumber. So seems like 300wsm is the way to since 308 is out. I really don't know of much else that fits you requirements. If factory ammo or short action only wasn't a requirement, then i sure we could come up with plenty of bad ideas, but since those requirements are in place, sanity and not stupidity seems to be prevailing:-)

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                              If you already have a 7 and a 300 win, you could step up to the .325wsm. 200 grain Accubond at around 3000fps would be a hammer.
                              That would be an exciting first shot

Comment

Working...
                              X