• Show
Clear All

John Roberts and the impeachment trial

Why him?
    Good Lord that makes me nervous.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

It shouldn't

Comment

Why? He doesnt vote...just precedes over the trial...its in the constitution....

67 votes needed.....

They may get 48.....probably 45 with 3 dems voting no

Comment

So if they got 68 votes what would happen?

Hard to believe Dems could railroad the POTUS with zero real proof. What will happen if Dems ever get control of House and Senate? Just impeach out any conservative President based on nothing?

Comment

I am a bit nervous about it because John Roberts was of the mindset to make the argument for the Obama administration in that the Obama care penalty was actually a tax and then ruled in favor that it was lagal according to the constitution which allowed it to become law.

Comment

Roberts = Never Trumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just don’t see the Dems succeeding. Especially if the Senate Republicans grow a set and stick together. If they are successful and Trump is unlawfully impeached it may spark the 2nd Civil War

Comment

It's never going to happen and the markets reflect that. Can you imagine enough Republicans breaking ranks to vote for impeachment to get to the 67 mark? A civil war would surely break out if that were to happen. Im just going to sit back and watch this for entertainment value. It is just another example of these clowns being there for themselves and not there to represent We The People. And yeah, Roberts was another **** Bush left us with.

Comment

The Republican party(senate)will screw this entire process up. Something that should be so very easy, they will fail.. Again.. Watch and see.
                  I hope I'm wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    The Republican party(senate)will screw this entire process up. Something that should be so very easy, they will fail.. Again.. Watch and see.
                    I hope I'm wrong..
                    I have thought about that as well. I think they should basically dismiss the whole thing without calling any witnesses so as not to give any validity to the Democrats bull shot.

Comment

[QUOTE=RiverRat1;14646709]So if they got 68 votes what would happen?
                      In this particular case if by some fluke they got 68 and Trump was removed there would be huge civil unrest nation wide.
                      Hard to believe Dems could railroad the POTUS with zero real proof. What will happen if Dems ever get control of House and Senate?

pretty much where they are headed.

Comment

To answer the original question: Because the US Constitution states the judge in an impeachment trial is the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court.

Comment

I wasn't aware if that, still makes me nervous as heck though.

Comment

[quote=flywise;14647944]
                            Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            So if they got 68 votes what would happen?
                            In this particular case if by some fluke they got 68 and Trump was removed there would be huge civil unrest nation wide.
                            Hard to believe Dems could railroad the POTUS with zero real proof. What will happen if Dems ever get control of House and Senate?

pretty much where they are headed.
                            This beyond serious business... if that were to happen this next cycle, we have seen the last free and fair election in our lifetimes. The left knows full well now where they dropped the ball, where and how they will need to cover their tracks from here on. If we allow them to take the reigns of power again, we will have 1 party rule for the next 50 years. This is not even considering the recent prospect of Texas going blue.

They thought they had achieved their goal wen Obama was elected. They began setting up the "deep state" which Trump has been unmasking ever since he took office. Thing is, they were convinced Hillary was going to win, so they didn't think they needed to cover their tracks... now they know better, and you can **** well bet the next time around will be 1000 times worse than the 8 years of Obama.

We will be finished as a Constitutional Republic (assuming we aren't already)
                            Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 01-17-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

[quote=JFISHER;14648096]
                              Originally posted by flywise View Post

This beyond serious business... if that were to happen this next cycle, we have seen the last free and fair election in our lifetimes. The left knows full well now where they dropped the ball, where and how they will need to cover their tracks from here on. If we allow them to take the reigns of power again, we will have 1 party rule for the next 50 years. This is not even considering the recent prospect of Texas going blue.

They thought they had achieved their goal wen Obama was elected. They began setting up the "deep state" which Trump has been unmasking ever since he took office. Thing is, they were convinced Hillary was going to win, so they didn't think they needed to cover their tracks... now they know better, and you can **** well bet the next time around will be 1000 times worse than the 8 years of Obama.

We will be finished as a Constitutional Republic (assuming we aren't already)

You can bet that the entire nation has eyes on Virginia. I believe that is their current litmus test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X