Big STX 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big STX 8

Now this deer deserves a share all on his own. The last few years all I’ve done is guided and put many people on THEIR trophies of a lifetime many times I found myself wishing I was the one holding the antlers of a buck I watched for years. But instead it was always a client. I was always genuinely happy for them but like I said I was ready to shoot my own. With a job change this pst year I didn’t need to rely on guiding to make the extra many. I’ve been blessed with a good job so I told myself that this year it was my turn. A few years ago I put up a thread looking for ranch work in the area and little did I know the friend ship I would make with Gary Sorsby. I’ve since forgotten his tbh name but he helped me in a time when I needed it the most. Over those years I was lucky to watch many of the great bucks on his Live oak county ranch. And this year I got the green light to hunt one. Jose was a big 9 last year and came back as a slick name. He got his name by simply looking like what we described as a Mexico Whitetail. He was awesome. I often joked with Gary to let me be the one to take him. Little did I know that one conversation would lead to the agreement that he was my buck. December 21 I was at the ranch by 5:30 am and by 7:30 I got lucky he came out and with one well placed shot I had the biggest 8 I’ve ever killed myself. Thank you to Gary for being a great friend and letting me be a student to what he does there. It is truly a world class south Texas deer operation.
    Attached Files

ldP
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice 8, congrats

Comment

nice 8 congrats

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a buck!!!! Congrats!

Comment

Nice 8!

Comment

Great buck and great story too! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome buck

Comment

Congratulations on very nice buck.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Helluva buck! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Super great 8 and one you may not top for a while. He will look great on your wall. Congratulations on getting him.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                            Super great 8 and one you may not top for a while. He will look great on your wall. Congratulations on getting him.
                            This statement is correct. Thanks guys

Comment

Stud, yep....Stud!

Congrats

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                              X