HHA single pin site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HHA single pin site

Gonna trade my bow in for a elite z28 and it comes with an HHa single pin site who hunts with one and why. Or why don't u like them and have u tried them before u bash on it

I use the single pin sight. I really like the fact that I only have one pin in my FOV...helps me focus on my POI better. Also when night hunting I only have the one pin lit up vs. 4-5 that usually create a starburst effect in my eye.

The one downside I see is if you are hunting a spot where the animal could be at any distance and that distance might be changing as the animal moves to or away from you...you might lose valuable seconds adjusting the sight and make more movement doin so vs. just using another pin in your sight.

Clear as mudd???

Skinny

Comment

I had one on my hunting bow and took it off. I found that in the excitement of the hunt or due to plain old brain f rts that I would forget to adjust it. After I thought it over a bit, it just makes sense for me to have four or five preset pins.

Comment

I have one on my Assasin and wouldn't think of running any other now. I'm not saying I won't ever but as a general rule I won't draw on an animal past 30 yards. With this in mind, the Assasin is so fast that my POI is not effected enough between 10-30 yards to warant any other pins. For me, hands down the HHA single pin is the only way to go on a fast bow!

Comment

Originally posted by chrischop04 View Post
          Gonna trade my bow in for a elite z28 and it comes with an HHa single pin site who hunts with one and why. Or why don't u like them and have u tried them before u bash on it
          Been using one for three seasons now. No other pins to get in the way, the object (only) pin is always in the center of the sight, it is very easy to adjust without tools and it is very bright in low light.

I don't even bother with the yardage. At 30 yards I aim 2" high and at 15 yards I aim 1" low.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
            I have one on my Assasin and wouldn't think of running any other now. I'm not saying I won't ever but as a general rule I won't draw on an animal past 30 yards. With this in mind, the Assasin is so fast that my POI is not effected enough between 10-30 yards to warant any other pins. For me, hands down the HHA single pin is the only way to go on a fast bow!
            For this reason alone I am thinking about going to one pin, 10-30 yards not to worry.

Comment

That is a good bow your getting.

Comment

I use a single pin and love it. Nothing else in my view but one pin. My bow is not extremely fast but I'm good to 30 yds. Even though I'm 2.5" low at thirty. I hardly shoot anything over 20 yds

Comment

I have the HHA DS-5519 (dial, .019 pin), my only complaint is I didn't get the .010 pin. Just like everyone else said, better sight picture, less clutter, I like it better. I won't ever go back to a multi-pin.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    Been using one for three seasons now. No other pins to get in the way, the object (only) pin is always in the center of the sight....
                    That's the main reason I like it so much.

Comment

I love the HHA single pins I have one now my shots an groups have been so much better an like others have said 10-30 is pretty close to the same so I don't have to worry about anything and way better FOV love it

Comment

Had one, loved it! It was hands down the most accurate sight I ever owned... BUT.... I don't hunt feeders. I hunt areas with multiple shot options. Trailes, field edges, ridges etc. I liked it so much that I debated buying another bow just to put the sight on because it was so accurate. In the end, I don't hunt enough areas where I "know" I'll be shooting 20 or 30yds.

Comment

Working...
                        X