Cock feather location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cock feather location

I read through the sticky above but I didn't see anything saying where to locate the cock feather on the arrow.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

depends on rest type and all that..

Comment

Ok I have a rip cord, Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak Arrows 385gr, 292 fps, 30" draw, does this help

Comment

Cock feather up, parallel to the string.

Comment

just put the cock feather straight up and you should be good..

Comment

I don't think I was clear I'm putting new blazer on my arrows. How do I know where to glue the cock feather on the arrow shaft

Comment

what kind of fletching jig are you using? it shouldnt matter where as long as two are a color and ones a dif color

Comment

Originally posted by Bisquick View Post
                I don't think I was clear I'm putting new blazer on my arrows. How do I know where to glue the cock feather on the arrow shaft

I'm assuming you're using a specific color for your cock vane. Just put the vanes on and then nock the arrow and turn it to make your cock vane straight up. My fletching jig has a mark on which setting is for the cock vane then I turn the arrow to where the cock vane is straight up. Hope that helps.

Comment

if they are all equal distance apart it doesnt matter where its at..

Comment

Space the 3 blazers equally and then adjust your nock accordingly.

Comment

Use four fletch and end the confusion... Lol

Comment

im using ez fletcher so it isn't the space. I was referring to the cock fether orientation to the spine of the arrow

Comment

Just roll the arrow and wherever it stops put the cock feather ontop of it

Comment

im using ez fletcher so it isn't the space. I was referring to the cock fether orientation to the spine of the arrow

you can bare-shaft though paper to get the spine in the most favorable position by gradually indexing the nock position to the spine. when you get the smallest tear mark the arrow and set this as the cock position. spining arrows is really splitting hairs but will increase accuracy in some marginal degree ensuring consistent launch patterns.

Comment

Most people including me and 95% of other people one here shoot well enough for a simple Jo jan fletching jig to not do the job. You glue one blazer on turn it to the next notch and glue another.. Still shoot a 1" group at 20 yds.. Just saying Sony over complicate it like I did for a long time..

Comment

Working...
                              X