Need help with caliber decision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with caliber decision.

I need help deciding on my next hunting rifle caliber. I already have a .223, 7mm-08 and 270wsm. What would be my best choice out of this:

6.5PRC
    7mm Rem
    300wm
    300PRC

What other calibers do you guys think I should be considering. I don't reload.

300 WM. Fills out what you have nicely and has great factory ammo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

You've got most of the bases covered. maybe a lightweight lever carbine fitted with a good receiver sight for a "walking around rifle" Or out of the ones listed, if big stuff was on the menu, the .300 WM..

Comment

From your list, 300 wim mag. Not on the list but what i think would fit your list better 338 win mag

Comment

Out of those I'd go either 6.5 PRC or 300 WM. The 7 mag is pretty close to your 270 WSM. I'd also seriously consider a good ole 308 or 30-06.

Comment

Hunting and don't reload? I'd take the 300 wm.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
              From your list, 300 wim mag. Not on the list but what i think would fit your list better 338 win mag
              My thoughts as well

Comment

300WM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

.375 H&H cause everybody should have one in their arsenal. But, out of the ones you listed Id go with the .300WM.

Comment

This will be my first custom rifle. So far the 300wm is getting the lead. I also like the ammo availability on this round.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                      I need help deciding on my next hunting rifle caliber. I already have a .223, 7mm-08 and 270wsm. What would be my best choice out of this:

6.5PRC
                      7mm Rem
                      300wm
                      300PRC

What other calibers do you guys think I should be considering. I don't reload.
                      300 WM gets my vote

Comment

I would go 300PRC over the WM just because I hate belted mags and the WM isn’t set up for big heavy bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                          I would go 300PRC over the WM just because I hate belted mags and the WM isn’t set up for big heavy bullets.

Unless you have it cut for the heavies.

But yeah, 300 PRC would be my vote

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Since he doesn't reload, ammo availability favors the 300 Win Mag over the 300PRC.

Comment

I'd go 300 win mag but remember once you start this custom rifle stuff, you're gonna want more.

Comment

Working...
                              X