What Sitka clothing to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Sitka clothing to buy?

I’m going to be ordering some Sitka clothing. On their website, there are endless different hoodies, coats, and pants. I’d like to ask some of you all what you prefer. I’m looking for 3-4 pieces that I can layer. Prolly just get by with one pair of pants and use thermals. 2-3 pieces up top that would cover me from 50-60 degree temps here in Oklahoma, to much colder conditions hunting out west for bigger game. I’m not really interested in any rain gear as I already have that. Just a good pair of pants, a lighter layer, mid layer, and a bigger/better coat.
    What specifically are you we’ll using?

Core Heavyweight Top base layer
    Fanatic Hoody
    Stratus Jacket

Core Heavyweight Bottom base layer
    Stratus pants

Comment

Sitka specifically, I really really really LOVE my Jetstream jacket (size up for laying under), wear that thing constantly. Timberline Pants are the cat's arse. I'm trying to like my Fanatic hoodie but the wrist/handwarmer things just drive me nuts and I thought I'd like that. They're nice when using the mitts but when not, which is 90% of the time, it's a goofy weird feel with them bunched up on the wrists. You can always get the core base layer stuff but I'm developing a preference for the First Lite stuff in that category. The Kelvin Lite or Kelvin active would be a good 3rd top layer.
      Last edited by justletmein; 11-29-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
        Fanatic Hoody
        Stratus Jacket

Stratus pants
        This would be perfect.

Comment

There marino base are incredible.
          I layer for kansas.
          Marino heavy
          Fanatic hoody
          Fanatic jacket/bibs
          I also wear the sitka light base just for sweat control

Comment

Stratus jacket and pants pretty much the best pieces in my opinion
            Cool to semi cold weather gear.

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post
              This would be perfect.

Agree with this. Except I have the stratus bibs just because I don’t like a bunch of stuff bunched up at the waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Core mid weight, with Apex hoody on top all under a jacket if extremely cold. Apex hoody is my favorite price.

Timberline pants if only buying one pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks to all for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    Fanatic Hoody
                    Stratus Jacket

Stratus pants
                    I never really bought into the whole sitka being worth it.
                    HOWEVER, hunted a few weekends ago in the core heavyweight base layers and some middle of the road early season pants and jacket a few weekends at 34deg. Never got Cole. I was beyond impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      I never really bought into the whole sitka being worth it.
                      HOWEVER, hunted a few weekends ago in the core heavyweight base layers and some middle of the road early season pants and jacket a few weekends at 34deg. Never got Cole. I was beyond impressed.
                      I was the same way

Started with the Core Heavyweight base layers and was impressed enough to start buying some mid and outer layers and have yet to not be impressed with their products. The ONLY product I tried that I did not like and got rid of immediately was their Fanatic pants/jacket. The material is so rough that it picks up every little bur I touched walking to/from the stand. The Stratus keeps me warm enough and the outerlayer does much better at not picking up burs, sticks, etc.etc.

Comment

I have a lot of Sitka stuff... Like most all of it very well. Lots of good info above. I can't stress enough how much I like the finatic hoody. If I could only have 1 peice, this would be it.
                        If I was trying to put together a system to get me through all season, (minus the 70*-80* days in oct) it would be this.

1. Merino base top/bottom. (light or mid weight)
                        2. Finatic hoody
                        3. Jetstream vest
                        4. Stratus jacket
                        5. Stratus bibs or pants.

This system should get you from 60's down to low 40's... Add a pair of sweat pants or something under the Stratus pants and another shirt between the base and hoody and you could get into the 30's real easily.

Now for what justletmein mentioned about the cuffs on the finatic hoody, I have to agree at first it was funky feeling... What I eventually learned, if I use the thumbhole and leave the mitten folded over (just covering half of my hand) in the palm of my hand it's very comfortable. Took about 5 minutes to get used to, then it felt as normal as anything else.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya'll are spending $450+ on a jacket? I know it's not any jacket, it has camo and a logo on it, but wow! And I thought I was a crazy buffalo!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Looney Tatonka View Post
                              Ya'll are spending $450+ on a jacket? I know it's not any jacket, it has camo and a logo on it, but wow! And I thought I was a crazy buffalo!
                              I know. I wear a set of bibs I bought for $7 at a garage sale. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X