Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-22-2020, 07:20 PM   #1
Buckrider
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fairfield
Default Finding value of vintage deep sea fishing rods and reels...

My dad asked if I could try and find someone in the Dallas Texas area that we can take some I guess 30-40 year old deep sea fishing rods and reels to for getting information and values on to possibly sell. These are either brand new or very well cleaned up and put away items! If no one in the area then at least maybe someone that we can send pics and ID numbers to for appraisal?
Thanks!

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didnít create greed and a feeling of despair if you didnít kill something!
Buckrider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #2
Fargus
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt

Although I can't help with values, I would really enjoy seeing some pictures of these vintage rods and reels.
Fargus is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #3
doug
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Although I can't help with values, I would really enjoy seeing some pictures of these vintage rods and reels.
Me too!

30 or 40 years is making me feel OLD though! That's just the 80's..... I think im still using some stuff I bought then!
doug is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2020, 08:40 PM   #4
Buckrider
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fairfield

Iíll get some good pics to post here and maybe someone will admit to knowing something about them!

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didnít create greed and a feeling of despair if you didnít kill something!
Buckrider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2020, 08:48 PM   #5
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Me too!

30 or 40 years is making me feel OLD though! That's just the 80's..... I think im still using some stuff I bought then!

I've got some 80s stuff too. But what's worse is I have my grandfather's 2-sided deep sea rod with reel (1940s). And my great grandfather's fly rod with two ends (1910-1920) and cloth roll-up travel bag that I've used.

I've also still got my first fly reel (automatic) I got for my tenth B-day. And an earlier Zebco 88 black and white rod with built on reel.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-22-2020 at 08:51 PM.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top