Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alto football 2 year suspension

Man what a shame for those boys. This is hard to accept on any level

HIGH SCHOOLUIL Suspends Football Team for 2 Yearsby TexasHSFootball.com August 5
    A UIL committee decided in a meeting this week to place the Alto ISD high school football program on a two-year postseason suspension. The suspension will also make any Alto ISD football player ineligible for any UIL or UIL-sponsored awards and honors. (It will not make them ineligible for any of our awards or rankings)

The issue is that the Alto ISD had an administrative error in the reporting of their enrollment by three students. The reported enrollment placed Alto ISD in 2A Division II. However, with the actual enrollment number, being just three students fewer, they should have been placed in 2A Division I.

Alto ISD is not being accused of any intentional wrongdoing. The issue is that they reported their official number of enrolled students, per their policies. However, there were three students that had begun attending school in late October but were not counted as official enrollees until the first of the next month, less than two weeks later. Therefore, the enrollment number was inaccurate for 12 days.

The decision has brought outcry by the Alto IDS football community, and even some of their football rivals, that feel that the players should not be punished for what is by all accounts an honest administrative error. From the UIL perspective, they have to draw enrollment number lines somewhere as a measure of creating competitive balance. It is too close to the start of the football season to rearrange any schedules. However, the question remains, should the error lead to a postseason suspension of two years? Let us know below:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow. Saw it on smoaky but didn't think they would punish the whole team. I kinda smell bs with the 3 kids not being counted. Had it not threw them in a whole different division I cam see it but let's be real.

Comment

That’s terrible

Comment

The correct number of students should've been declared by the last Friday in October and, if done right, would've moved Alto into a smaller UIL division. Technically, they are disqualified in all sporting events, not just football. I'm sure Alto has appealed this decision, correct?

Comment

Why has everyone lost their mind? Common sense is as rare as the white Jeep, black panther and Bigfoot.

Comment

That's bull ship. I feel sorry for these kids. But rules are rules. I'm sure they aren't the only school to fudge the numbers.
            Last edited by brokeno; 08-05-2022, 06:41 PM.

Comment

If a decision has the letters TEA or UIL attached to it then it is probably a shatshow. Bunch of morons.

Comment

UIL at its finest!

Comment

It’s a horrible decision
                  You don’t punish the kids, you punish whomever made the mistake whether inadvertently or on purpose. It’s incompetence on the part of administration not the athletes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Morons run the Texas school systems.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Suspend the guy that turned in the numbers, not the innocent kids fault. This is a bad ruling by the UIL.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks that there has to be more to the story?

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          Am I the only one that thinks that there has to be more to the story?

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
                          I agree. Something ain't adding up.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                            Suspend the guy that turned in the numbers, not the innocent kids fault. This is a bad ruling by the UIL.
                            It's the PEIMS coordinator for the district, unrelated to UIL.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              The correct number of students should've been declared by the last Friday in October and, if done right, would've moved Alto into a smaller UIL division. Technically, they are disqualified in all sporting events, not just football. I'm sure Alto has appealed this decision, correct?
                              A smaller division with more students? I think that is backwards. It would have moved them from 2A Division II to 2A Division !. They would have been playing 2A schools with more students (I) than less (II).

Comment

Working...
                              X