crossbow broadhead question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crossbow broadhead question?

I have a barnett wildcat c5 i bought for my wife and kids. It shoots roughly 320fps. My question is can i shoot regular expandable broadheads I shoot out of my compound out of the Xbow?

I know they have xbow specific broadheads, but I was wonder if a regular 100gr grim reaper razor tip would work? If not, why not?

I shoot slicktricks vipertricks on my crossbow and compound.

Comment

I've started shooting Ramcats out of my compound and I didnt want all my reapers to sit around and do nothing. I think they will work, just wanted someone with first hand knowledge. Im xbow ignorant for the most part.

Comment

My buddys son took a doe on our lease last year with his xbow and regular grim reapers. Out of the specific crossbow you mentioned I would say yes no doubt. His was shooting around that same speed. The more powerful crossbows would probably make it open prematurely on the shot. My wifes is shooting 370 so I bought her crossbow specific mechanicals. I didn't want to take any chances.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          My buddys son took a doe on our lease last year with his xbow and regular grim reapers. Out of the specific crossbow you mentioned I would say yes no doubt. His was shooting around that same speed. The more powerful crossbows would probably make it open prematurely on the shot.
          Thats what I was thinking Mike. I think im going to give it the old college try.

Comment

Yes it’ll work. Most xbow branded heads are the same, just different packaging

Comment

Rage 125 grain works great on Xbows

Comment

If they do open, just put a dental rubber band around it and that should fix it.

Comment

Not a problem

Comment

I have a Mission Charge and I use 100 grn Grim Reapers. It is slinging a 455 grn bolt at 355 fps and I haven't had any issues.

Comment

My wife uses the 100gr NAP Spitfires and has for years with no issues out of her Barnett xbow.

Comment

Working...
                      X