Prayers for Deputy Mark Edward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for Deputy Mark Edward

So, for those who don’t have any idea what it’s like to be a cop on patrol, I’ll give a little insight. I came to Harris County SO from another PD two years ago (thanks Chew). When I made the move, as Mark did, we were placed in a class together not having ever met before. We graduated and eventually made our way to patrol together. He works a power shift 7pm-3am and I work nights. Naturally we gravitate toward each other and I consider him my brother. We have two other brothers we are close to and we watch each other’s backs every night. When I go on a call, he gets on the radio and backs me up and vise versa along with the other two. It’s not that we don’t back other deputies up but the four of us are closer and make every effort to keep each other safe.

All that being said, three days ago Mark collapsed while working out at his local gym with his wife. He’s 36, fit, not over weight and eats healthy. Ultimately the doctors found he had an arterial fistula that had caused a bleed on his brain. No way he could have ever known he was just born with it and had no idea. He was life flighted to the Med center downtown and he’s basically in a coma. His brain has swelled and doctors are doing all they can to relieve the pressure.

His wife is completely lost without him. I’ve spent the last three days up there just sitting with him in between shifts. She’s young and he’s been her rock and without him she doesn’t know what to do.

Mark is the very best of us. I often told him he was too **** nice to be a deputy. He is the sort of deputy you hope shows up to every scene involving your family because he’s SO caring. Way more awesome than I am.

They could really use some prayers. I’m staying optimistic he will wake up and eventually recover because I refuse to believe otherwise. So please, if you have a moment, I can’t bare the thought of......just send a prayer.

sent up for Deputy Edward

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
      sent up for Deputy Edward

Thank you so much.

There is a go fund page set up for his wife. Even donating a dollar or simply sharing the link would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers sent for full recovery.

Comment

Prayers up for deputy Edward and his family.

Comment

Prayers Up

Comment

Prayers

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow.
                Prayers for the family and a full recovery..

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Thanks for the prayers.

I’m reminded to give life everything I’ve got. Mark is reminding me to make SURE my friends and family know how much they’re loved and appreciated. To give ALL the glory to God and know we aren’t guaranteed one more minute.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers up for the Edward family.

Comment

Prayers up for him and his family, and work family as well.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X