Lake Conroe Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    We're headed to limestone with the gator boat. I'm gonna Julio around with the weedeater then try and shoot a gar fish

My wife packed a gallon of vodka and a 24 pack of hotdogs so who knows what's gonna happen. Shes also wearing them long tube socks and crocs. I feel 16 already

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Oh that brings back memories. Why so many hotdogs seems like a lot of weenies

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I love it when she wears that. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      She said not so fast bennie Keith
      Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Oh that brings back memories. Why so many hotdogs seems like a lot of weenies

She tends to get hangry when I dont feed her

Comment

She said not so fast bennie Keith She tends to get hangry when I dont feed her

Heard that before. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Heard that before. [emoji6]

Lol. I'm sure

Comment

She said not so fast bennie Keith She tends to get hangry when I dont feed her

Sounds like she needs more girth

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              Im going in the morning if someone thats boatless wants to come. I will be launching out of April Plaza about 6:15.

A couple of things first though. I am free all day but if they arent biting/cant find them I will probably be gone by noon or so.

Im not very good so unless they are biting good Im not a slayer like some of these guys are. If you are, I will gladly take lessons.

Im not Mr Personality. Im not a jerk ( at first at least haha ) but not very talkative or entertaining. I do well with people that are though.

Boat is 2002 Tracker 17'. A little tight for 2 adults, I will be in front. You wont be expected to do much, just fish.

Have chicken liver. And can catch shad if you want. I suck at cast net so if you can throw one that would help.

No single women. Married and wife would get ticked. Sorry. ( Im hard for women to resist )

No yelling loud young guys that want to play music while fishing.

Beer is fine. No drunks. Byob.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Dang, with all these rules I might not even go with me haha
              Know the feeling . With that being said, I don't think the bulkhead bite is full-blown throughout the entire lake just yet. Whenever we used to go in April (15-20 years ago), pretty much every spot we fished had consistent action. And these weren't special or secret spots. Pretty much just spots we knew about from bass fishing. Also, time of day didn't seem to matter either. I remember catching fish in the middle of the afternoon like it was nobody's business.

Did you happen to be drifting by two guys in an older dark grey/dark blue Champion while you were trying to get your boat started on Friday? This was at the mouth of a cove in Atkins Creek. When I read what kind of boat you have, I remembered seeing someone riding solo in a boat that matches your description.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Sounds like she needs more girth

Watch it. I'll have her tell your wife what happened to them potbellys

Comment

Ended up with 15 across 3 guys. Missed a few more and broke off a good one at the boat. Slow compared to Friday I’m told

Comment

Watch it. I'll have her tell your wife what happened to them potbellys

Sorry [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

So I guess there will be a shortage of wieners with the shrimp shortage

Comment

Sounds like it

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                          Know the feeling . With that being said, I don't think the bulkhead bite is full-blown throughout the entire lake just yet. Whenever we used to go in April (15-20 years ago), pretty much every spot we fished had consistent action. And these weren't special or secret spots. Pretty much just spots we knew about from bass fishing. Also, time of day didn't seem to matter either. I remember catching fish in the middle of the afternoon like it was nobody's business.

Did you happen to be drifting by two guys in an older dark grey/dark blue Champion while you were trying to get your boat started on Friday? This was at the mouth of a cove in Atkins Creek. When I read what kind of boat you have, I remembered seeing someone riding solo in a boat that matches your description.
                          Not that I recall, actually dont know where that is

Probably wasnt me, havent had any starting/motor issues.

I agree with it not being full on yet. I think I got maybe 10 today. Will count after lunch

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                            Somebody should jump on this offer, Mike is a good guy! I'd meet you but I'm already committed tomorrow, unfortunately not fishing. I havent fished Conroe in years and been wanting to get in on this. Hope yall get a bunch!
                            I appreciate it. Maybe next time!

Comment

Had a great on the water with with tbh'er (Jeremy)DPElite. He reached out me about taking him out since he don't get to fish alot and I took him out for a great day on the water. The bite was a little slower than it has been today but we managed to get him a good bunch of fillets! I hope you had a great time Jeremy and it very nice meeting you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Good job! I bet he had a blast!

Comment

Working...
                                X