With friends like these...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    “We screwed up and can’t protect you, so we need to have access to more of your private life so we can protect you”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup dont agree with this. I get why they wrote it. But still dont sit right with me

Comment

Big tech is so much more dangerous than our government. A relatively small group hold ALL the tools necessary to control all of lives....probably every human life. They
      They censore conservative voices. They capitulate to communist dictators and censor content in those countries. China has implemented a social credit score.( google that ) A system that further limits the people suffering under it. Big tech will influence our elections much more than any gov. entities around the world. Big tech has so much more power around the world than it should be allowed to have and one day that power WILL slap everyone in the face. Our gov. has its flaws but it cant compare to big tech.
      Last edited by flywise; 02-01-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Big tech is so much more dangerous than our government. A relatively small group hold ALL the tools necessary to control all of lives....probably every human life. They
        They censore conservative voices. They capitulate to communist dictators and censor content in those countries. China has implemented a social credit score.( google that ) A system that further limits the people suffering under it. Big tech will influence our elections much more than any gov. entities around the world. Big tech has so much more power around the world than it should be allowed to have and one day that power WILL slap everyone in the face. Our gov. has its flaws but it cant compare to big tech.

There are a ton of problems with big tech. This bill (and thread) is about law enforcement having access to private information. Big tech already has the power to, and has influenced elections. In spite of that, the person they didn’t want to win won. They couldn’t do anything about it. Our government and certain elements of law enforcement could, tried, and drive our country into turmoil. Big tech may have access to information, but as of now they can’t misuse it to enforce anything, open investigations or prosecute. Federal law enforcement can and has proven they will.

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Still doesn’t help your stance.

Comment

Lol, nope
              Cops bad

Comment

Lol, nope
                Cops bad

Nice straw man.

Comment

Lol, nope
                  Cops bad
                  Why do you hate Freedom?

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                    Why do you hate Freedom?
                    I hate freedom? Dang man...you got some reach.

Why do you want terrorist and felons to have privacy rights? Why do you want to limit the tool box that law enforcement needs to find others that might be involved in say a terrorist attack?
                    Last edited by flywise; 02-06-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I hate freedom? Dang man...you got some reach.
                      I was just replying to a ridiculous statement with a ridiculous question. See how it works?

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                        I was just replying to a ridiculous statement with a ridiculous question. See how it works?
                        I see stupid....very clear

Comment

I see stupid....very clear
                          Obviously not!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                            To do that they have to outlaw end-to-end encryption (remove a liberty) for everyone. Thats the issue.

Just a heads up, the issue is:

1. I do not need or want a truck warranty.

2. I do not need a 0% credit card for my credit card debt.

3. I already have a home security system.

Please stop calling 5-10 times a day.

Comment

I didn't see anything in the first article about having a court order to Apple to open those phones. Maybe I missed it.

Barr demanding that they do it, is just bluster. He's our attorney general, a prosecutor; not a judge. He cannot issue warrants, he is part of the executive branch, the judicial branch issues warrants.

That is, if I'm remembering government classes from high school correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                                I didn't see anything in the first article about having a court order to Apple to open those phones. Maybe I missed it.

Barr demanding that they do it, is just bluster. He's our attorney general, a prosecutor; not a judge. He cannot issue warrants, he is part of the executive branch, the judicial branch issues warrants.

That is, if I'm remembering government classes from high school correctly.
                                Graham is proposing legislation to require a backdoor into encrypted devices for law enforcement.

Comment

Working...
                                X