With friends like these...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With friends like these...

The bill was proposed by Senator Lindsey Graham and it is titled the 'Eliminating Abusive and Rampant Neglect of Interactive Technologies Act of 6 2019'' or the 'EARN IT Act of 2019'.

So because a savage that the government let in acted like a savage and killed people the government made sure couldn’t defend themselves, the government needs more power and we have to have less privacy. You know, to protect us. It’s for our own good.

Because of course, if we’ve learned anything it’s that powers absolutely will not be abused and used for malfeasance. Scumbags....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ncryption.html

So because a savage that the government let in acted like a savage and killed people the government made sure couldn’t defend themselves, the government needs more power and we have to have less privacy. You know, to protect us. It’s for our own good.

Because of course, if we’ve learned anything it’s that powers absolutely will not be abused and used for malfeasance. Scumbags....

Yup—-and just earlier this week there was a thread Questioning how someone could think R’s are the same as D’s!

And yet here is living evidence of an R written bill that threatens personal privacy.
    But should we expect less from the party of the inappropriately named Patriot Act?

Comment

Wow.. It never ends.

Comment

Yall really have a problem with law enforcement having access to tech in a criminal investigation? Better yet a terrorist investigation?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Yall really have a problem with law enforcement having access to tech in a criminal investigation? Better yet a terrorist investigation?
          Yep! The Patriot Act looked reasonable on the surface too. It was the absolute worst liberty stealing law ever passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Yep! The Patriot Act looked reasonable on the surface too. It was the absolute worst liberty stealing law ever passed.
            The patriot act was abused no doubt but that's Completely different thing.
            That was listening to conversations live.
            Barr want phones unlocked AFTER a crime or terrorist act has been committed. Why should a criminals phone ( which is likely to have been used in the act) not be allowed to be used as evidence?

Comment

The patriot act was abused no doubt but that's Completely different thing.
              That was listening to conversations live.
              Barr want phones unlocked AFTER a crime or terrorist act has been committed. Why should a criminals phone ( which is likely to have been used in the act) not be allowed to be used as evidence?
              To do that they have to outlaw end-to-end encryption (remove a liberty) for everyone. Thats the issue.

Comment

The same law enforcement who just collaborated with a political party to spy on, and try to oust POTUS by illegally using powers given to them to investigate criminals and terrorists? The same law enforcement that answers to the government who let this terrorist in so he could be trained by us, tells us everyday we have to let in more people do the same, and made sure the people he killed couldn’t arm themselves?

Yes, I have a problem with it.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Well as it stands right now big tech has much more power than the ELECTED representatives. Big tech knows everything or could know everything about you with out any consequence. If my elected or law enforcement officials abuse power we can get rid of them or prosecute them
                    I know currently that seem like a joke but it can be done. Your worried about what law might do but apparently dont care about what big tech actually does. There are articles all the time about your tech spying on you an no one seems to care. My opinions on the corruption by a small few are well known. But I also know that 99.9% of those same law enforcement entities are there to do good and do not abuse their power. I'm not a drug lord, murderer, terrorist or any other type of criminal so I could care less if end to end encryption is gone and not sure how it effects anyone who does not have the law man breathing down their necks. So, please tell me why it matters if your not engaging in criminal activity? Why would law want info off your phone?

Comment

But you biotch about the governments over reach by not letting you carry without a CHL but you are ok with this..
                      Lol.. Goodness..

Comment

Here's a novel idea..
                        How about the Feds stop letting these terrorists in, with open arms, and do something about the many KNOWN terrorists cells(training camps)throughout this country..
                        Because they don't address this low hanging fruit it makes the Feds intentions with this sort of crap appear to be something more than they are advertising.. It makes no sense.

Take care of that before passing more laws that help invade the privacy of law abiding citizens..
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 02-01-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Here's a novel idea..
                          How about the Feds stop letting these terrorists in, with open arms, and do something about the many KNOWN terrorists cells(training camps)throughout this country..
                          Because they don't address this low hanging fruit it makes the Feds intentions with this sort of crap appear to be something more than they are advertising.. It makes no sense.

Take care of that before passing more laws that help invade the privacy of law abiding citizens..

“We screwed up and can’t protect you, so we need to have access to more of your private life so we can protect you”

Comment

I can see the good and bad side of it in both directions.

Comment

Technology has pros and cons as it always has. There are people that will ustilize it to succeed in their illicit endeavors. Nothing has changed since the dawn of time.

I would think that if asked in a case such as the one being discussed most companies would cooperate. Not sure if Apple infact is unable to unlock the phone.

As mentioned above, I would not just worry as to whether the spying is being done by the government. Big tech is selling our info without us even knowing it. How do they even "have" our info?

Comment

Working...
                              X