No announcement yet.

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a guy who got pics of 2 aoudad in Young County last week.

I was skeeter bait this weekend as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out the little mesquite at the left of the picture frame at the beginning of the month and at the end of the month. The bucks hate that little tree.
      Attached Files

Comment

Mike, I noticed a small rub in a feed pen Friday. Thought that was strange.

Comment

We went out and checked feeders today in Baylor county. Saw several small rubs already. Thought it was awful early too. Saw a couple of bucks still together. Idk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
            We went out and checked feeders today in Baylor county. Saw several small rubs already. Thought it was awful early too. Saw a couple of bucks still together. Idk
            I noticed one right next to my feeder this weekend as well and thought the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
              You ain’t lying. They still tore my *** up even with a thermacell.
              Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Thermacell stood no chance.

We were waylaid by them as well. Had the Thermocell ginning during every sit and still got bit many times.

Is there anything more disheartening and frustrating than to be sitting there on opening morning waiting for the feeder to go off, and it never does? Sometime after the dove opener, apparently my The Remote malfunctioned and was not letting The Timer receive the signal to throw. It took me several times to figure this out. I changed the battery first, no help. Changed The Timer next, no help. Finally I bypassed The Remote and the feeder functioned perfectly. I don't know what's the matter with it, but The Remote would cycle when you hit the button, it just wouldn't let The Timer do it's thing. Frustrating....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I know a guy who got pics of 2 aoudad in Young County last week.

I was skeeter bait this weekend as well.

I had two on my place last March. They both had orange tags in their left ear. They hung around for about a week and then I never saw them again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	24555285

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                  I had two on my place last March. They both had orange tags in their left ear. They hung around for about a week and then I never saw them again.

[ATTACH]926894[/ATTACH]
                  If they have tags, is that considered someone’s livestock?

Comment

Comment

I think they're such beautiful animals.

Comment

Looks like the same pair! How far are they from the Young/Throckmorton county line?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                          Looks like the same pair! How far are they from the Young/Throckmorton county line?
                          These were taken about 7 miles W/SW of Graham, about 10 miles East of Murray, near as I can figure....from Sept 11th-15th.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            Thats one thing I have not seen at our place in 12 years is a porcupine
                            Check it out. Check out the noise it makes.

Big North Texas porcupine caught making humming noises while bopping around.

Don't know why i can't the video up. When i delete the "s" i get a blank screen. Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              Check it out. Check out the noise it makes.

Big North Texas porcupine caught making humming noises while bopping around.

Don't know why i can't the video up. When i delete the "s" i get a blank screen. Hmm.
                              That noise in the dark would be concerning for sure! Glad he didn't shoot a quill in your rear end.

Comment

It was creepy until i figured out what it was. I'm trying to figure out if it has a hole in its back. Looks like it may have gotten into a scrap or some such.

Comment

Working...
                                X