Beretta A400 Extreme Gas Piston Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beretta A400 Extreme Gas Piston Question

Taking my A400 on its maiden hunt this weekend, the other day I stripped it down and made sure it was cleaned before the hunt. From what I have seen there is no particular orientation for the piston to be reinstalled. It basically just slides in like it came out, am I correct? I just had that on my mind and thought I would inquire before taking off to the duck blind.

YouTube videos probably out there for you. I have the same gun but I can't remember what it looks like exactly. Should only go one way. Sorry, I'm not much help.

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
      YouTube videos probably out there for you. I have the same gun but I can't remember what it looks like exactly. Should only go one way. Sorry, I'm not much help.
      Been through several youtube videos, including multiple from Beretta. The guy simply just slides it back in and does not mention anything about specific orientation.

Comment

I’ve slid mine in and slid mine out probably 50 times without paying attention to orientation have roughly 400 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. It’s a great gun and fun to shoot.

Good luck on your hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
          I’ve slid mine in and slid mine out probably 50 times without paying attention to orientation have roughly 400 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. It’s a great gun and fun to shoot.

Good luck on your hunt!
          Thanks, I had a feeling that it was that simple. I have shot inertia guns for a long time so its been a while since I have messed with a gas gun. The old ones you had to align the piston ring a certain way or it wouldn't cycle.

Comment

Have fun with it brother! I love mine!

It did take me a bit to figure out what steel it likes. I started with a Mod chokeand #2 steel shot. And could only make 1:4 connetions using #2 steel. I had been shooting #2 steel from my Benellie likes. Then I dropped down to IC and hits started to go up some. So I switched to #4 shot and hit % went up even more. I dropped down to straight Cylinder choke with #4 shot, and I'm about where I was with the Benellie.

I really realized just how tight mine shot when finishing of a couple crips. And at 35-40 yards the pattern was only 12" wide with Mod.
            Mine shoots steel tight!
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-15-2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Have fun with it brother! I love mine!

It did take me a bit to figure out what steel it likes. I started with a Mod chokeand #2 steel shot. And could only make 1:4 connetions using #2 steel. I had been shooting #2 steel from my Benellie likes. Then I dropped down to IC and hits started to go up some. So I switched to #4 shot and hit % went up even more. I dropped down to straight Cylinder choke with #4 shot, and I'm about where I was with the Benellie.

I really realized just how tight mine shot when finishing of a couple crips. And at 35-40 yards the pattern was only 12" wide with Mod.
              Mine shoots steel tight!

Thanks for the tip! I’ve got the mod in the gun, but the IC is in the blind bag. I have had a chance to pattern it yet, but I’ll be shooting Hevisteel 3” 3s. With some 3.5” 2s for any geese or for just cause I can...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, if ya keep missing, change chokes.

Comment

Working...
                X