Where to buy a Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy a Rifle

Could someone please recommend a place near Katy Tx to buy a Bergara or Weatherby rifle? My sister wants to buy a rifle as a gift for my brother-in-law, I need a trustworthy place where they can advise her appropriately, my sister asked me for help to buy it but due to border restrictions I cannot visit her and help her with her purchase.

She is looking for a standar caliber, .270 30-06, .308 etc

Beforehand thank you very much.

Border restrictions?

Go to carters country!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You might try Carter's Country there on I-10, just inside BW 8. Academy and similar big box stores are unlikely to have what she is looking for.

Comment

Brand new or gently used. A good gun shop in her area should have a selection of either. Get on the phone

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
          Border restrictions?

Go to carters country!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yes Sir, Im in Mexico and the border is still closed for non-essential activities

Thnaks!... Carters Country is one of the options that I gave her.

Comment

Bass pro is right there in Katy. Or go to Collectors firearms a little ways in.

Comment

Bass Pro or Carters would get my vote. Maybe help her pick one out online and she can go in and ask for that specific gun. That way they dont try to talk her into something else that might not fit what shes looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Brand new or gently used. A good gun shop in her area should have a selection of either. Get on the phone

I think she prefers something new. but I'm going to tell her to consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                  Bass Pro or Carters would get my vote. Maybe help her pick one out online and she can go in and ask for that specific gun. That way they dont try to talk her into something else that might not fit what shes looking for.

Good suggestion. Some stores may even price match, or be able to order it if they don't have it on hand.

Comment

This is an excellent idea! You can get on line and shop Carter's and send her the links/recommendations, even store location. They have like 5 stores. Another good idea is to get a gift certificate with it for mounting/boresighting any optics and a pass to Carter's shooting range to complete the deal...

Comment

Perfect!!

This is what Im going to do, I do check Basspro website and even if the rifle is not in the store She can order it and they ship to store.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by AHF View Post
                        Perfect!!

This is what Im going to do, I do check Basspro website and even if the rifle is not in the store She can order it and they ship to store.

Thanks for your help.

Glad I could help

Comment

Brileys has some kool custom guns.

Comment

Tell her to check out Johnny's sport shop in Eagle Lake.....guarantee they are cheaper then anything in Katy. Small town store with good people. Tell her to talk to Jake the owner, or Wayne..... Those guys will hook her up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                              Tell her to check out Johnny's sport shop in Eagle Lake.....guarantee they are cheaper then anything in Katy. Small town store with good people. Tell her to talk to Jake the owner, or Wayne..... Those guys will hook her up.
                              Johnny's eh, I didn't think I see a reference to that shop on here. And a fellow East Bernardian at that!

Comment

Working...
                              X