Custom Bootmaker Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Bootmaker Recommendations

So, the alligator I got this spring is on its way back from the tannery, and my plans are to make a custom pair of boots. I have searched the web and found a bunch here in Texas. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with a particular bootmaker and would like to recommend them. It seems it is hard to find one under a $1000 for a pair of boots. As much as I don't want to break the bank on these, I guess I would rather pay a little more for a good pair than save 200 bucks and be disappointed. Thanks in advance for your input.

Originally posted by Brack View Post
    So, the alligator I got this spring is on its way back from the tannery, and my plans are to make a custom pair of boots. I have searched the web and found a bunch here in Texas. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with a particular bootmaker and would like to recommend them. It seems it is hard to find one under a $1000 for a pair of boots. As much as I don't want to break the bank on these, I guess I would rather pay a little more for a good pair than save 200 bucks and be disappointed. Thanks in advance for your input.
    Checkout Knight Custom Boots in Houston. He did a pair for me out of one of my gator hides and even threw in a custom belt out of some of the scrap hide that remained. He does a great job and will work with you. Tell him Mickey sent you his way.

Comment

Meyer Ranch Custom Boots in Houston. He has always done mine.

Comment

In for info as well. Our hides been back a year and are still sitting.

Houston custom boots is who I was referred to. When i called in the spring they were hesitant due to the Vid. I havent reached out to them since. He was within your budget

Comment

Maidas Boots in Houston off of Westheimer, they are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Tell Vince Brian sent you

Comment

We did that with an alligator off of our place a few years ago. After alot of looking and research we found that Loveless boots in Oklahoma City to be the best alligator cutter in the country. Everything turned out really nice.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Bustamonte boots of Amarillo. I wear them every day. Ill post a picture of my elephant boots Im wearing today

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
              We did that with an alligator off of our place a few years ago. After alot of looking and research we found that Loveless boots in Oklahoma City to be the best alligator cutter in the country. Everything turned out really nice.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Bustamonte boots of Amarillo. I wear them every day. Ill post a picture of my elephant boots Im wearing today

Comment

There are a couple of shops in Pasadena worth looking at. If you are providing the hides I think it should run closer to $500-$700.

Comment

how did they get your feet measured?

Or did you have to drive to Okie?

Comment

Nice Lookin boots

Comment

Thanks for all your input. Some I have stumbled across and some I had not. So it gives me some more to compare to. Thanks again.

Comment

LM Easterling is right in your neck of the woods

Comment

Clay Miller in Ft Worth at Ramblin Trails Custom Boots.

Lockhart Cowboy Customs in Oklahoma.

Mike Vaughn in Bowie, Texas

Dean Randolph in Canyon, Texas

Canslers in Perrin, Texas

Dew's Custom Boots in Vernon, Texas

Bustamante in Amarillo, Texas

I would just call around and check.

Comment

Here is a thread I did on my custom boots. I had them done at Kimmel Boots in Comanche, TX

Custom Boot Story

Comment

A true custom pair of boots is gonna cost you way more than a grand. Check out this guy. He is an Ag teacher also. Great guy and does awesome work. He’s won a bunch of awards! https://www.facebook.com/10000047523...668806490/?d=n

Comment

Working...
                              X