X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very good at losing games of pool.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Ha! good guess. Sounds like you know those places though.
      We used to stumble around there a little several years ago.

Comment

Played a lot a long time ago. Bar seen is a thing of the past for me as well. I have a table that is not assembled since I moved it to this house. I need to get off my arse and set it up. TBH 8-Ball tournament has a nice ring to it!! Someone make it happen!!

Comment

Used to play league in college, but not much since them. Bought a high end table over 10 years ago and have only played 3 games max on it...looks nice in the game room though [emoji16]

Comment

Yet another thing we have in common Steve. I grew up on a pool table. Shot several hours a day for probably 15-20 yrs. Funded many bad habits in college shooting pool. Marriage and children slowed the program then interest slowly drifted away . haven't shot in years now.

The best player I ever went up against was back in my heli skiing days in British Columbia. I thought I was good. Guy cleaned my clock. Humbling.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Its private and a very controlled atmosphere. I can take a guest though. PM me if you get a chance to come this way.

I will do it! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I never was very good at pool. Had a buddy that was outstanding at it. Running the table on guys at the bar will make them mad. Doing it with the mop handle from behind the bar will get you into a fight every time

Comment

Originally posted by Chapo View Post
                  I never was very good at pool. Had a buddy that was outstanding at it. Running the table on guys at the bar will make them mad. Doing it with the mop handle from behind the bar will get you into a fight every time
                  I had the same buddy! He would do it with the old string mop hanging off the back just flopping. He only did it when someone came in bragging about their custom cue and how bad the house cues were.

Comment

I could whip all y'all asses! At least that's what I used to think[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                      That statement about safes is no lie. Growing up I saw many barfights because of it and in college got into many because that was not how pool was supposed to be played. Safes in my eyes are like participation trophies
                      Safes are some of the most brilliant shots you will ever see. They have been around forever, no rules changed. 99% of the people who play pool, have absolutely no idea how the game should be played, or the rules.
                      If you ever had it all on the line, and you could either just swing away, or play a jam up safe, and trap the guy, what would you do?
                      Playing for funsies, isn't the same as playing for cash.
                      Anyone in the Longview area wants to match up, you have $100 a game, 1 pocket action all night, or we can play some $300 or $400 sets of whatever. All 9ft action, no boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
                        A very good friend of mine who, passed away last year, was a World ranked player.
                        Gave me some simple pointers and took my rusty Ol game up a couple notches.
                        Who is your friend?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          Anyone in the Longview area wants to match up, you have $100 a game, 1 pocket action all night, or we can play some $300 or $400 sets of whatever. All 9ft action, no boxes.
                          I love 1 pocket but no 9' - bar boxes only.

Comment

Used to do Tuesday night 9 ball and Thursday 8. Can't play or drink beer like I could back then. It all hurts now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                              Played almost every day growing up. My older brother used play for big money and he wanted me to play so he could practice. It helped me make a good chunk of money while in college. Lots of drunk cowboys in stephenville who could ride better than shoot pool! Dont like to play much any more since I can see the shots in my head, but the ball never seems to what it is supposed to.
                              Ha that place hasn't changed at all! There are quite a few hustlers around ole bostocks and bar c too.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                Safes are some of the most brilliant shots you will ever see. They have been around forever, no rules changed. 99% of the people who play pool, have absolutely no idea how the game should be played, or the rules.
                                If you ever had it all on the line, and you could either just swing away, or play a jam up safe, and trap the guy, what would you do?
                                Playing for funsies, isn't the same as playing for cash.
                                Sounds like you are dang good. Im guessing pretty young as well.. The thing about safe shots is that they are well accepted now.. 30 years ago, the same shot would get you blind sided in the jaw.

Im not into the one pocket or 9ft action but if you wanna drive to Lufkin and play on some perfect Diamond pro/am bar tables, Im your huckleberry. Spot me three on a race to ten? after all, Im a beginner again..

Comment

Working...
                                X