Whats the best low light sight???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LUCKY AGAIN View Post
    This is great information. I may actually try several things to see what works the best for me. I'm trying to not do anything too drastic for the rest of this season but it sure hurts when a big buck gets to walk off because i can't aim at it. I've already ordered the red hawk peep today, i may also order the glow in the dark one. As a minimum, one will be used for the rest of this season .
    I had already called myself searching the internet and did not find most of the things listed here. My old eyes really appreciate the help by next season i will have a different setup. Any more ideas are welcome?
    One thing you probably will need with that Redhawk is alignment tubing. It's a whopper of peep and you'll give yourself fits trying to get it to turn right without tubing. PM me if you have questions.

Comment

I've got a wrapped spot hogg real deal with this sight light that screws into the wrap. Perfect for the moments those pigs come in just at or after dusk.

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
        Put a sight lite on your sight pins. Its legal. I don't shoot if I can't see through my peep. If its that dark a lighted pin is no good to me anyway.
        Just an FYI. Using a pin light to shoot Whitetails is not Legal. Even if it is broad daylight and you are sitting in a pop up blind.

Comment

Just my 2 cents but I use a 3/16 inch peep with a little thicker wall so I can pick up the circumference of the peep and pins that are not as bright, so the starburst of the pins does not affect my vision of the target.

Comment

wrapped spot hogg is hard to beat. I have a sight light for mine but very rarely need it. Like only when I'm hunting pigs in total darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Brack View Post
              Just an FYI. Using a pin light to shoot Whitetails is not Legal. Even if it is broad daylight and you are sitting in a pop up blind.
              I don't believe that is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmorrow View Post
                I don't believe that is correct.
                From the TPWD website...

"Artificial light
                Artificial light of any form that casts or reflects a beam of light onto or otherwise illuminates a game animal or bird may not be used as an aid to hunt, except battery-powered scoping devices that project a light or dot only inside the scope; pin sight lights on archery equipment; or laser sighting devices used by legally blind hunters, or hunters who have a documented permanent physical disability that prevents them from using traditional firearm sighting devices.

Non-protected nongame animals and fur-bearing animals may be hunted at night with the aid of an artificial light on private property. If hunting at night, please make a courtesy telephone call to your local game warden."

I read that as illuminated crosshairs, red dots, reflex sights and pin lights are legal.

Comment

Not in Colorado but it sure is in Texas

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
                    From the TPWD website...

"Artificial light
                    Artificial light of any form that casts or reflects a beam of light onto or otherwise illuminates a game animal or bird may not be used as an aid to hunt, except battery-powered scoping devices that project a light or dot only inside the scope; pin sight lights on archery equipment; or laser sighting devices used by legally blind hunters, or hunters who have a documented permanent physical disability that prevents them from using traditional firearm sighting devices.

Non-protected nongame animals and fur-bearing animals may be hunted at night with the aid of an artificial light on private property. If hunting at night, please make a courtesy telephone call to your local game warden."

I read that as illuminated crosshairs, red dots, reflex sights and pin lights are legal.
                    I reckon I stand corrected. I received that info from my local Game Warden.

Comment

I reckon I stand corrected. I received that info from my local Game Warden.
                      I have no idea how long that has been the case, of course. Your game warden may have been correct when he said that. I think there was a time (fairly recently) when a scope with illuminated crosshairs was illegal for native game...
                      Last edited by JimboBurnsy; 12-17-2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X