Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
    I like this. ^^^

Find a taxidermist in your area that does good base/habitat work. He will be able to re-do that base. Just have him build a free-form (no wood pedestal) base. Looks like you could get it a foot lower that way. Once he tears into that base, he's probably gonna have some metal cutting and welding to do as well. He can probably re-use the rocks and plants that are on it now. It's a chore, but can be done.
    I bet that TexasTaxi can fix it for you, and he's in Fulshear which is next to Katy.

Comment

First off, awesome mount and office/trophy room, WOW!!

I would drop the base where the legs are mounted to the floor unless there is mounting bolts and crap on the inside on that pedestal.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Beastmode.....[emoji2483]....cut down the base like your dad suggested!!!! Stick with the plan.[emoji199]
        Yall shooting in the HSC pheasant shoot in Waller???

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
        Agree with this, cut down the base. Awesome office!

Comment

I don't have any practical solutions—just want to say your trophy room is bad azzzzz!

Comment

Wow!!! Gorgeous Bear....
            My opinion I would shorten the base AND take the trim off the top.... I think it will make give you a better look all the way around...
            But you know opinions are worth what you pay for them.... thank goodness.

Comment

I agree with everyone. Lower or remove the base. Great bear my friend.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments and advice fellas. Really Appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool! Great bear!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                    Great looking room, personally I think I would have just taken the wall down like you did, but stopped there not built the "closet" to put the bear in. The trim on top and the wall between the bear and printer need to go.
                    I agree with this ^^. Open that corner up as much as possible.

Comment

Jealous of that entire room!

Comment

I had a pedestal done with old barnwood for my Kudu with the fancy base sitting on top of the barnwood base. Luckily I could take the fancy base off the barnwood pedestal and just use it to clear the ceiling in my loft/trophy room. Might want to try that with your bear.

Comment

Awesome mount that needs the base cust off to it off in that alcove. Congratulations on the trophy!

Show us the finished product!

Comment

I agree with cutting off the base.

What about removing that little closet? Let the bear out of its cage man. It’s not too tall if the bear is just standing there without the door frame and wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                              I'm guessing these are stock taxidermy bases that they order? Will reach out to a taxi tomorrow to see if I can get one custom. If not, will try to find a carpenter.
                              Reach out to Texastaxi (Kevin) on here. He makes custom pedestals and is in Fulshear.

Comment

Lower the base and remove top trim. Great looking office !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X