Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DZM View Post
    Chipotle or freebirds are good for keto- just don’t eat the rice or beans. Add guacamole to your bowl for sure. I did see that chipotle started serving cauliflower rice recently. I haven’t been there in a while- gonna have to go check it out again.

Not the healthiest thing but when traveling on the road- chic-fil-a nuggets dipped in ranch and buffalo sauce are good. 1 carb per nugget and the ranch has a lot of fat
    Thanks for the heads up. We had Chipotle’s Keto bowls with the cauliflower rice for dinner tonight. Not bad at all...as stated just stay away from the regular rice and beans. Good stuff! 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Learned a lesson today! Somehow blew through my allotted protein by lunch today and it’s really hard to get fat or carbs without some protein so I end the day getting only 25% of my carbs and 50% of my fats. Not a big deal on an off day but trying to workout this low on carbs would be a chore
      Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Last year I thought the same thing heading into keto because that had been my experience on my normal eating style. If I got too low on carbs I was dragging during or after my workout. I never experienced that feeling once while on the keto diet and working out. In fact, I even gave up my preworkout drink as I didnt need it.
      Yep. Once you get your body running on fat for fuel instead of carbs, it's all good.

Comment

I’m kind of at a loss, Tuesday-Thursday my test strips were in the darker stronger readings and then Friday & Sat I’m back to the weak end where I was when I started despite consuming even less carbs....

Full 2 weeks in, no sign of “keto Flu” or bad breath.

Comment

So far I have done well keeping fat up and protein down. Funny thing is I am never hungry even though I am only eating 1200 to 1500 Calories and two meals a day

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            So far I have done well keeping fat up and protein down. Funny thing is I am never hungry even though I am only eating 1200 to 1500 Calories and two meals a day
            Yep. Fat for fuel is way different than carbs for fuel.

Comment

I’m kind of at a loss, Tuesday-Thursday my test strips were in the darker stronger readings and then Friday & Sat I’m back to the weak end where I was when I started despite consuming even less carbs....

The pee strips arent very reliable..dont really worry about the shade as much as making them turn a color

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I never did the pee strips because the reviews were terrible on them. Very unreliable. I didn’t get the keto flu or the bad breath everyone talked about either last year or this year. I had a mild off and on headache for a couple days each time. That was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So the way I understand it there a 3 types of ketones. The strips only read one type of ketone called acetoacetate. This ketone is more concentrated when your body starts ketosis and tapers off after your in ketosis for a bit. I messed with the strips when I started ketosis and I eventually bought a blood glucose/ketone meter that measures the BHB ketone. The meter strips are a little pricy but let you know the amount in your blood. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    I never did the pee strips because the reviews were terrible on them. Very unreliable. I didn’t get the keto flu or the bad breath everyone talked about either last year or this year. I had a mild off and on headache for a couple days each time. That was it.

Originally posted by Stump View Post
                    So the way I understand it there a 3 types of ketones. The strips only read one type of ketone called acetoacetate. This ketone is more concentrated when your body starts ketosis and tapers off after your in ketosis for a bit. I messed with the strips when I started ketosis and I eventually bought a blood glucose/ketone meter that measures the BHB ketone. The meter strips are a little pricy but let you know the amount in your blood. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                    The pee strips arent very reliable..dont really worry about the shade as much as making them turn a color

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is encouraging!

Comment

I also bought a digital food scale. This way I can calculate my daily protein needs and stay in a pretty close range. After using a scale for a bit you get used to seeing portion amounts and you will rely on the scale alot less.

Comment

Good morning TBH! I am right at 195 this morning. I started at 202ish and my goal is sub 185. Last time I was below 185 I honestly felt week. I think it was both a mental thing and the fact I didn't compliment the eating with an exercise program. This year and moving forward ( God Willing) I am going to exercise regularly.

More important than losing weight is I am feeling a lot better.
                        Last edited by Pedernal; 01-17-2021, 07:24 AM.

Comment

My numbers do far this month.

Comment

2 weeks in and I have lost 13 pounds. Keep my carbs extremely low. Hitting the gym starting tomorrow. Mostly legs and cardio. I had shoulder surgery in December so no upper body.

Comment

I have gone thru this thread probably 3 times as I am doing a lot of adjustments. I did not notice anyone say they go to to Smoothie King for their no sugar smoothies or even their Keto smoothies. Is it not legit?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am just starting up Keto again today. Wife and I did it the the first 7 months of 2020 and felt great, lost a lot of weight. Moved to San Antonio in October and have been enjoying the great food but now it’s time to get back on the band wagon.

It’s going to be tough as last year we used a lot of venison for meals and have none due to the move but we have a solid plan for meals.

Comment

Working...
                                X