Back In School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back In School

Started back to college this semester...it’s only been 19 years, lol! I’m excited, but apprehensive at the same time. Anyone else gone back to finish their degree after 40?

Aaron,

I started my Masters at 31, now at 32 I'm just a little less than halfway done. Not going to sugarcoat it, it was (still is) hard going back to school after 11 years. The work itself seems easier than it did back then I was a teenager, maybe it is easier since I'm doing it online, however motivating myself to do the work and finding time with family and a demanding career can be a challenge.

Comment

Congrats to you. I did it the hard way. Changed majors after 3 years, Biology to Computer Information Systems. Took me 6 years total. Went on to become a CPA, then insurance adjuster, then opened a lodge on Lake Fork, then became a custom home builder. My point is, with age comes wisdom. I'll bet you have a better idea of what you want to do than most coming out of college. Good Luck.

Comment

Outstanding man!

I went back to college after 12 years and finished my bachelors. I will be going back for my masters at almost 40. It’s never too late and don’t give up on it.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Got a BBA in acctg in 72 at the age of 22 . Worked in acctg for 22 yrs . . Went back to get a teaching certificate in 94 . . 3.62 GPA for 61 hours . . Taught PE . . Retired in 2012 after 17 years . . It was well worth it . . No regrets . .
          Last edited by Sharecropper; 01-09-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I did an online graduate engineering program at 39. Granted it was only 1 course at a time & I worked full time with 3 kids. One course I had to put about 12-15 hours per week into but overall I enjoyed it. But I am glad it’s over
            Best of luck

Comment

good for you, what is your major? good luck

Comment

Thank for the encouragement guys! Major is Public Administration with a minor in business.

Comment

Good for you. My sister got her dr in her sixties so stick with it.

Comment

Your life experiences and maturity will likely be an asset to your studies, not a disadvantage. Good luck with it!

Comment

Congrats again Aaron and good luck!

Comment

I did not go back after 40, but I did not graduate till I was41.

Comment

I went back and took a few classes at 59 years old. I did really well but had to take a break because classes I needed weren’t available and I had some other commitments that would interfere with focusing on schoolwork. Hopefully, I can get back after it soon.

Comment

I get older and the girls stay the same age......

Comment

Congrats on going back. I earned my 1st degree in Computer Science back in 2001, and decided to go back at 38. Earned my 2nd degree in 2019 and third last month...both in nursing. School seemed much easier this time around.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X