Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig down, Dad's old bow

I rebuilt my dad's old york, limbs ,cables, cams, etc
    It was a challenge getting to the point I was consistent with fingers and long ata.
    Started with 3 under, actually the most accurate method for me, but I had to use a chest guard, and come to find out It ended up feeling like I was wearing a bra so something had to change.
    I went to a split finger tab and anchored high enough to keep the string from removing my left nip. I draw with 3 then drop the top finger anchoring my middle finger to my jaw. This resulted in a consistent 3" group at 20 and 5" group at 30.
    Drove down the ranch road and found some pigs to stalk, everything was going perfect ,but I ran out of cover at 30 yards. Well I have a 30 yard pin ,might as well try, wack.
    Couldn't believe the arrow was sticking right where I was aiming.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
    I rebuilt my dad's old york, limbs ,cables, cams, etc
    It was a challenge getting to the point I was consistent with fingers and long ata.
    Started with 3 under, actually the most accurate method for me, but I had to use a chest guard, and come to find out It ended up feeling like I was wearing a bra so something had to change.
    I went to a split finger tab and anchored high enough to keep the string from removing my left nip. I draw with 3 then drop the top finger anchoring my middle finger to my jaw. This resulted in a consistent 3" group at 20 and 5" group at 30.
    Drove down the ranch road and found some pigs to stalk, everything was going perfect ,but I ran out of cover at 30 yards. Well I have a 30 yard pin ,might as well try, wack.
    Couldn't believe the arrow was sticking right where I was aiming.
    Good stuff right there!!! Congrats

Comment

Definitely a oldie but a goody. Congratulations, the bow looks great.

KAP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats. Nice pig

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. Like the old bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

That is awesome

Comment

Very cool! Great shot too! Congrats

Comment

That’s super cool. Congrats.

Comment

Comment

Any idea on vintage ? Looks like a model from the mid 80's. Tear drop cables, laminated riser, glass reinforced laminated limbs, 48" axle to axle. Common arrow shot was the Easton XX75 Superlite with 5" vanes Is it set up with a Golden Key Futura TM Hunter rest ?
                      Last edited by Cajun Blake; 01-04-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Hunting with the DinoSaur!

Comment

Cool as hell

Comment

Old york add

Looks like early 80s
                            However I got the limbs and cams from a guy who had a bunch of old martin parts that had never been used.
                            I had to play around with the cable length and string lengths to get the draw length and limb deflection to work
                            Attached Files

Comment

My Dad actually worked at the york factory in Kansas city helping them develop bows.
                              He is actually responsible for the limb design that starts out thick, goes thin in the middle and then thicker again on the ends. That limb design added 20 fps to compound bows, every major compound bow company in the world still uses this design.

Comment

Working...
                              X