No announcement yet.

Feeder Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like my feeder between 17-20 yards and hand corn on my side of it. I see no reason to challenge my poor marksmanship!

Comment

50 yards and hen hand corn in front of blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Shot a deer Saturday at 16 yards. Feeder is 15yards

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
            I guess I’m the odd man out. My feeder is about 70 yards from my Krivoman. And yes that is my bow stand. I hand corn a small flat right in front of me out to about 22-23 yards. I’ve been corning this spot for a few years. Every time I go the the lease I put out 50-100 lbs of corn in this flat. It just keeps the deer checking it. All you need is one deer to stop on that hand corn and curiosity gets the better of them and they come check it out too. Most of the time every deer that goes to the corn or protein feeder ends up on my hand corn. I think it puts deer at ease to be away from the feed pen. They seem to be more relaxed and stay longer.
            Interesting approach. Even inside the feed pens it also seems to me the deer prefer hand corn, so I kind of get it. May be a stupid question, but do you ever shoot deer at the feeder or rely only on them coming to your flat?

Comment

I agree with above. I hunt the feeder and have a spot about 100 yards away in an opening on a heavily traveled trail ill hunt when they become feeder shy.

I have a krivoman directional set at 25 yards with corn slung as close as 18 yards.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Always right around 20 yds....

Comment

What They Said......

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                    What They Said......
                    And then some

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      So with a feeder throwing corn they can be up to 50-60 yards from you. WHY?
                      Deer are moving all the time, when have you seen a deer just stay at the feeder?
                      Putting your stand further away from the feeder makes the animals more secure and comfortable, I’ve doubled and tripled the amount I see now, will be moving my stands further this year, I learned this 20 years ago from Jamesl on the Junco Ranch

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
                        Interesting approach. Even inside the feed pens it also seems to me the deer prefer hand corn, so I kind of get it. May be a stupid question, but do you ever shoot deer at the feeder or rely only on them coming to your flat?
                        Coming to the flat only. I only killed one deer at the feeder the first year I was on the place. But I noticed a lot of the bigger deer would come in survey from a distance and leave. Three of the biggest deer I ever killed never even went to the feeder. They either came straight to hand corn or noticed other deer on the hand corn and came to investigate. The other two good bucks went to the feeder first but within a few minutes came to the hand corn.

Comment

18 20 yards

Comment

21 yards from my tree stand to feeder leg.

Comment

I like the feeder and hand corn at, or near the furthest I feel comfortable shooting accurately. For me, this is around 30.

J

Comment

10 yards to the close side of the pen and its 25 to the far side. the other 6 are in trails between water, bedding , and feeders

Comment

Working...
                                X