• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teamron View Post
    So it's safe to say your not looking to go after the "BARNYARD SLAM"

That's a big 10-4!

Comment

There is nothing I won’t shoot if legal to do so.
      I don’t shoot birds of prey, song birds, ive stopped shooting javelinas,
      New born babie critters :-)

Comment

No fox’s or bobcats , and probably will not shoot another black bear

Comment

Hmm. Not many on the list here. Song birds(killed enough when i was a kid). Have a full body mount of a bobcat, but id kill more. Dont forget the quail eggs on top of turkey eggs.

Comment

No birds of pray everything else is pretty much open

Comment

Possums,and snakes get a pass.I don't care to bear hunt.Looks too easy.

Comment

Some may think this sounds crazy. But since spending a couple of weeks in MD Anderson in October of 2019 I have an entirely different outlook on life in general. Don’t get me wrong I live in a rural area and business still needs to be taken care of for some animals but overall things are different post op.

Comment

I don`t know if I really have a list, but the older I get the harder it is to kill animals of any kind. I passed on a bobcat last just week. I have killed 5 of them over the years with a bow, shotgun(while turkey hunting) and rifle and I have decided that was enough for me unless they they attack my cat . I passed on turkeys about twice a week to. I used to fill every Tom tag I could , but we have come to an agreement to. However, I have been taking all of my 2020 frustrations out on every pig I can and I have been real FN frustrated this year. I have never understood why people want to shoot giraffes, monkeys or zebras either, but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                    Some may think this sounds crazy. But since spending a couple of weeks in MD Anderson in October of 2019 I have an entirely different outlook on life in general. Don’t get me wrong I live in a rural area and business still needs to be taken care of for some animals but overall things are different post op.
                    The older I get the more I lean this way.
                    Nothing against hunting whatsoever, speaking to just killing something to kill it.
                    That youthful savage has tamed down a bit.

Comment

zebra,giraffe,monkeys,horse

Comment

Ringtail cats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Young bucks or does!

Comment

For you guys worried about quail and turkey eggs, quail and turkey did just fine until we disrupted their ecosystem and balance. If you restore their habitat, the quail, turkeys, foxes, and bobcats will all balance out. I got the first pics of a bobcat and red fox on my place. I am glad to see them because it tells me that my efforts are working and the habitat is providing prey for them to survive there.

Comment

The list isn't long. I think it's more of a question of a desire to hunt/shoot for me.
                              Most of it is protected animals. Like the 10,000 hawks dining on our quail.
                              Here around Texas I won't shoot ring tail cats or badgers. Coots. Non venomous snakes get a pass.
                              I have no desire to shoot goats and sheep of any variety but if I had a friend want one to eat I would kill it for them.
                              I went on a bear hunt and I wish I could say I was disappointed I didn't see one. But honestly I wasn't.
                              Giraffes, big cats, elephants, hippos.
                              I don't like monkeys. But I wouldn't book a monkey hunt.
                              In a pinch I'd shoot anything I had to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                                For you guys worried about quail and turkey eggs, quail and turkey did just fine until we disrupted their ecosystem and balance. If you restore their habitat, the quail, turkeys, foxes, and bobcats will all balance out. I got the first pics of a bobcat and red fox on my place. I am glad to see them because it tells me that my efforts are working and the habitat is providing prey for them to survive there.
                                That has a lot to do with it but the way people farm is way different now. And that's not going to change any time soon. Nature does have a way of balancing itself out. Through disease and famine. Take the coyote for example. Too many coyotes in one area and you'll see mange spread like wildfire and then you won't have any coyotes. It was introduced to control the coyote population over 100 years ago and it's not going anywhere any time soon. So killing coyotes is in turn helping the coyote population. Just as killing deer is good for the deer population and so on and so forth. Nature sorting itself out sounds wonderful and all but it's actually a lot more cruel than you make it out to be. And often times more devastating than you'd hope for. It'll balance itself out alright. Then you won't see a coyote on your place that has a stitch of fur on it for years to come. On top of that sarcoptic mange makes coyotes go blind and they starve to death eventually. I'd rather just control the coyote population myself than to see that happen.
                                Last edited by okrattler; 12-27-2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X