Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Building brand/Suggested Builder in Austin Area

Good morning yall,

I am looking to build a small barndo very soon and am trying to lock down some prices and get names for builders. We plan on building something around 30x30 to 30x40. I am planning to have the slab, structure and foam insulation contracted and do the rest myself.

Any suggestions on what brand/supplier to go with for the building and any suggestions for concrete and assembly contractors?

If building in the Austin area, I would contact Alvah Buck. He goes by Buck here on TBH. Shoot him a PM. He builds these everyday from start to finish. IF you can't get a hold of him, shoot me a PM, I have his number somewhere.

Comment

Tagged for later myself

Comment

Get with Buck. He goes by dozer on TBH

Comment

Originally posted by WT View Post
          Get with Buck. He goes by dozer on TBH
          That's right it's Dozer, everyone calls him Buck.

Comment

I wish you luck. I have been trying to get prices from folks for the last several months. If anyone wants to build a barndo in Fruitvale ( Van Zandt ) county please contact me. I have everything I need other than a builder......

-john

Comment

ok, thanks guys. Is it cheaper to order the building separately myself or just let the assembly guy do it?

Comment

Originally posted by JHoss View Post
                ok, thanks guys. Is it cheaper to order the building separately myself or just let the assembly guy do it?
                If you order it yourself then you are stuck with figuring out how to warranty any defective parts. I would just let the assembly do a turn key project. Plus you are probably not going to be saving much if any on materials.

Comment

I would go with Mueller for the building. They make a very fine building if not the best although if you look, you will find one slightly cheaper, just not as good.

If you are on the north side of town and decide on foam then PM me. I have a guy that will do it for right at a dollar a foot.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoss View Post
                    I'm in Montgomery county. Looked at the cost both ways. Saved about 10k by contracting it separately on a 40 x 80. Around here you can expect to pay $20/sq ft for slab, building kit and erection. Smallest one I priced was 40 x 50. This excludes plumbing, electrical, and interior buildout.

Comment

PM Dozer, he can get you fixed up!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                        I would go with Mueller for the building. They make a very fine building if not the best although if you look, you will find one slightly cheaper, just not as good.

If you are on the north side of town and decide on foam then PM me. I have a guy that will do it for right at a dollar a foot.
                        PM sent

Comment

X2 on DOZER!

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                            I'm in Montgomery county. Looked at the cost both ways. Saved about 10k by contracting it separately on a 40 x 80. Around here you can expect to pay $20/sq ft for slab, building kit and erection. Smallest one I priced was 40 x 50. This excludes plumbing, electrical, and interior buildout.
                            I build them around Austin and the hill country. $25 a sqft is about going rate for the average building around the area. You get a real foundation with beams and cross beams for that $25. Plus a little dirt work is included.

Comment

Metal Building brand/Suggested Builder in Austin Area

Thanks men.
                              More square footage of building the cheaper the sqft price. $25 is about right for the 1200sqft and smaller. Shoot me a text with what you're looking for and I'll give you an exact itemized price. I'll need a door and window schedule along with a physical address. 512-589-069zer0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by dozer; 06-03-2017, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X